Tuesday, September 8, 2026

What are P.I.G.S. ?

 


We quilters seem to just love acronyms.
P.I.G.S. as many of you know, is Projects In Grocery Sacks !
I seem to have projects in every kind of sack.
Here are flannels shirts bits in a store bag featuring paw prints.



Another is in a batting bag.


One big project is in a reusable shopping bag.



The project featured today 
came to me in a grocery bag!
It was given to a friend who in
turn gifted it to me since 
there was no pattern in the bag.


This assortment of fabrics
with almost half made into
this basic block.


There  appears to be enough fabric 
for two twin size quilts.
One will use all of the same color gray.
 The next will have a variety of gray using pieces from the first 
top and some additional gray that was in the bag.


Here is the first.
I did add an additional row
and call him after it came off the design wall.
It will finish 62 by 71.
This is just about the perfect size for 
a twin bed with great coverage on the sides.

I decided to use the first top as a pattern for the second.


Working late into the night. I ended up repeating
 one of the rows so it needed a redo that the next morning.

The second top will be stitched up 
while I'm away from home for a few days.

I was gifted some nice hefty gray flannel 
that will be perfect for the backs on these two tops.


It shouldn't be long before these 
two twin tops are ready for gifting.

Stay safe and Sew on!
Linking up with:









 

















17 comments:

  1. Amazing how rotating every other block/column turns a simple block into a great quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get a bit confusing if your not careful. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Great quilt. That gray flannel will definitely make a fantastic backing! My PIGS are just scattered everywhere...none in grocery sacks though! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great way to build this quilt. I often think my scraps would yield about 'a million' quilts if I would use them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, the only way to decrease the stash is to build the quilts! Let's all get sewing!

      Delete
  4. Both quilts are looking good. It's always fun to see how an easy block can still make a very cool quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is surprising that the one simple block can look so interesting. Fun with Blocks always. Have a great week stitching.

      Delete
  5. Fun block, great top! I love the layout you choose, these tops are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your inspiring work and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helped that the first 1/3 of the first quilt was together. I just followed along with that. They did turn out nicely.

      Delete
  6. Great job on these two quilts. That's a great pair of blocks. And the dark grey looks wonderful with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Pigs haha!!! That is a fun quilt - I am glad you are finishing it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb, those are great quilts, even if they were in Pigs! I'm trying to get away from pigs and put them in nicer containers but when there's none left of those, they go into pigs! Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either way , we need to get these projects out of boxes, bins and bags and get stitching! Haha!!

      Delete
  9. Great pattern from a simple block.

    ReplyDelete