Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Always a Change Up

 Well, things don't always go as planned.

I'm using the pattern from one top that's already complete

to lay out another top.

Unfortunately, I covered half of the first top with the backing.

When I was ready

to stack the blocks for the second top,

I realized I couldn't see the pattern to lay out.

Everything was thrown in the heap and the original

completed top moved to the design wall. 

The second top was then laid out without error.

Certainly made more work for myself.

I am now working in my temporary sewing room,

while we're away helping with child care.


I even have two sewing assistances.

What is it with cats and sewing machines?

This good buddy wanted to check out all the pins and the workings.



The other a tuxedoed twin decided

 to sit nearby, supervise

and obviously judge a bit.



I do have to police scraps and threads quite well. 

These cats live in a house without sewers.

I really didn't want an eaten pin or a swallowed 

ball of thread while the regular cat servants are away.

Now back to the sewing. 

The rows were numbered and then 

 picked up and stacked for easy tansport.


The blocks were all stitched up into rows,

then the rows sewed in twos.

Stitch them all together, 

and the top is complete!


Now to get them pinned and quilted up.

Stay Safe and Sew on!

Linking up with:

Monday Musing

Design Wall Monday 

Sew & Tell

To Do Tuesday 

Wait Loss Wednesday






1 comment:

  1. Child care, cat care and you got a top sewn together, impressive.

    ReplyDelete