Well, things don't always go as planned.
I'm using the pattern from one top that's already complete
to lay out another top.
Unfortunately, I covered half of the first top with the backing.
When I was ready
to stack the blocks for the second top,
I realized I couldn't see the pattern to lay out.
Everything was thrown in the heap and the original
completed top moved to the design wall.
The second top was then laid out without error.
Certainly made more work for myself.
I am now working in my temporary sewing room,
while we're away helping with child care.
I even have two sewing assistances.
What is it with cats and sewing machines?
This good buddy wanted to check out all the pins and the workings.
The other a tuxedoed twin decided
to sit nearby, supervise
and obviously judge a bit.
I do have to police scraps and threads quite well.
These cats live in a house without sewers.
I really didn't want an eaten pin or a swallowed
ball of thread while the regular cat servants are away.
Now back to the sewing.
The rows were numbered and then
picked up and stacked for easy tansport.
then the rows sewed in twos.
Stitch them all together,
and the top is complete!
Now to get them pinned and quilted up.
Stay Safe and Sew on!
Linking up with:







Child care, cat care and you got a top sewn together, impressive.
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy , busy! It was fun to watch them but they are active children.
DeleteChild care, cat care and you sewed that top inspire of the detour it took you on! Well done!
ReplyDeleteThank you , it was a very busy week!
DeleteLove seeing your "helpers!" When I had a cat, she loved to sit on the bed of the machine and watch everything. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!
ReplyDeleteThey were great helpers and good company too!
DeleteGood job on that top in spite of the furry helpers.
ReplyDeleteThey are cute, and hairy too! I got a project well on it's way!
DeleteA design wall is so handy to keep everything in the right place! Your helpers like to get up close and personal!
ReplyDeleteI do love my design wall. When I started quilting I didn't use one but once I did, it was a game changer!
DeleteI like your temporary helpers - so sweet - glad you are back on track
ReplyDeleteThank you ! They were cute but make me sneeze a bit.
DeleteI'm impressed you are able to help with childcare and get some sewing done. Anything that moves is going to appeal to cats. They also love the end product. Sounds like you were able to regroup after discovering you couldn't see your layout.
ReplyDeleteOn the road sewing rooms are a compromise, but it looks like you found a set up that was at least workable. Congrats on getting the quilt assembled correctly, that's always a challenge. I'm sewing with a cat this week, so I get the policing threads and pins. I had to find a safe place to stash my pin cushion when we went to bed. Happy stitching this week.
ReplyDeleteWill do. Still looking for retreat projects and getting some organizing done.
DeleteGood for you in completing two of those tops! So pretty and modern. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/16/wednesday-wait-loss-502
You're welcome. I do love my linky parties!
DeleteWe had our last cat for 18 years and she never got into my sewing stuff or up on the machine table. She thought my sewing room was the most boring room in the house.
ReplyDeleteHi Deb, that looks great! Good luck with the sewing and quilting. Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah , and a retreat coming up too!
DeleteYour quilt top looks wonderful, well done making it while watching kids and cats ;) Thank you so much for sharing and linking up!
ReplyDelete