Saturday, December 17, 2022

Dirty Dozen update

 Wow, what happened to 2022?  

Remember back in July when I said I was doing 

the Dirty Dozen Challenge over at Country Threads?

Well here is an update of my progress.  Seems like 

I don't play well with others because I went off the 

grid and quilted what I wanted done and didn't 

exactly follow the list!

So let's see how I am doing at halfway thru!


July was #10 

Coin Some Pink is completed and shipped off. 






August was #3 

Sadly this red postage stamp is still a flimsy. 

September pulled an #11

Twinkle Blue and Yellow are both quilted. The Blue

Twinkle I will keep in reserve for family babies

 and the Yellow Twinkle is donated. 


October is #5

Two more, Twinkle Pink and Orange

are done up. Pink will stay in reserve and 

Orange has been donated. 

November is #11. 

Yay, today at a guild sew day, 

I actually got the last of the big 

strings for the kids Christmas gifts bound!

Now just to de-thread and label and they 

are ready for gifting!


To bring me current, December is #12. 

Today, after the big strings were bound, 

I had enough scrappy binding leftover

to bind Postage Sixteen. 

So, wow!  When I lay it all out, it looks like a lot. 

My quilt vault is looking a little empty, but 

always more to do!



Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :

RSC 2022

Oh Scrap!

Peacock Party

To Do Tuesday!

Midweek Makers

Wait Loss Wednesday


 


 


17 comments:

  1. I am impressed with all that you accomplished. They are all beautiful scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it was a lot of sewing but oh so rewarding!

      Delete
  2. Love your scrappy quilts, especially those stars with the squares all around them. They are happy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little stars really stepped up didn't they! The next ones may be the background color and the star portion white!

      Delete
  3. Havent you done well! I especially love your twinkle twinkle quilts, such a nice design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is certainly going to be a favorite!

      Delete
  4. WOW! You've been busy! Love all the scrappy beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I still have lots of scraps to sew tho!?!

      Delete
  5. Lots of progress, and lots of beautiful quilts finished. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just have to label the big star string quilts!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness that is an amazing amount of finishes! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really helps that retirement has fewer demands and they are all self imposed!

      Delete
  7. Your twinkle quilts are so cute! As are the Big String stars..we’ll awesome and cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I do have 2 more big strings to finish, the RSC ones from 2022!

      Delete
  8. I love reading your posts because you are so upbeat and optimistic! I love those big strings. I have a bunch of orphan blocks leftover from RSC and really take inspiration from you to get them done and donated. Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday, and have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great year you've had! Each quilt is so beautiful. What a gift you've given to your charity by donating some of these quilts! Great job. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you finished! It is so ok to go off the grid and follow your own direction. Sometimes it leads to great things!

    ReplyDelete