Monday, December 12, 2022

Focus , focus!

 Good morning! Still chilly here with -19 C but 

we are getting very used to it since it is December!!

I had a great time in the sewing room last night 

after I finally got some focus!  I may have a bit of the 

winter blues but I staggered over to my wonky stars 

and had a fun and productive evening. 

Some lovely gifts arrived in my sewing room this 

week,  yes , more scraps!!

    Two different friends gifted me scraps.


I even get to keep the box!! It fits in 
with my existing project boxes so win win there. 



The wonky stars and I had a great time and 
my pile is on its way to generous. 
Using up some odd triangles and
incomplete squares is very rewarding. 
Even these little cut offs have a place.
The square with  the missing corner
gets  a new life as  a star section

 






My evening of stitching netted eighteen 
new stars to add to the block bank!
Here is a link to MSQC video so 
you, too can become a star maker!




Today will be spent making more stars, ( they are already laid out, ) 
and trying to get the pile of  "to bind" nearer to the machine.



 
The three big string quilts are still waiting!
They fold up so nice when trimmed and ready. 

A busy week ahead, getting ready for the holidays
and enjoying winter.  Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with : 





 






















7 comments:

  1. Love the star blocks! Great way to use up bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to find just the right project to spark your motivation. Fun star blocks. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How happy those little scraps must be to have new life as stars! :D Can't wait to see those string quilts. Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful way to use scraps and leftovers, the purple star is lovely! Fun wonky stars ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! The stars are a great use of scraps. And it looks like you are ready to have a binding party after Christmas. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the blocks you got done. You are always so productive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your making great progress!!! Wonky stars are so great!

    ReplyDelete