Friday, December 2, 2022

December OMG

 Well I didn't get everything done. 

Even my finish up post is late so 

it will be rolled into the December goal!!

I did accomplish a bit. 

We had a lovely time in the far 

south, soaking up sunshine, family

love and good food. 

Fought off some brutal head colds, 

and held some alligators too!

    We returned home to blowing 

snow, sub zero temperature and 

a neighborhood with dazzling lights!

Here is what I accomplished!

I made a lovely stack of 10" half hexies.



Then I pulled out all the black solids I could find.






Cut as much as possible into 1 1/2" strips,



suddenly, I had a bunch of braids together!


I had to adjust for a slight waffle but they came 
together very nicely. 


I even sent the future recipient a little teaser! 
I do love the excitement of the season!
All the fabrics used have some lovely 
shiny elements, so it does dazzle!



Here is  the end result, binding was 
completed December 1st . 

This black, plaid edge really makes 
the sashing pop. 


This quilt is off to live with its new admirer in Michigan!
It sports a double 80/20 batting so my SIL should
be toasty warm all winter long!


The three big string stars came 
back from the shop so those will 
get stitched up just in time for 
St. Nic to deliver them!


Enjoy the fun of December 
Look what happens when an engineer
takes charge of the Christmas cookies!



Linking up with:

OMG

Finished or Not Friday

TGIFF

Off the Wall Friday

Peacock Party

Oh Scrap!

Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers 

Needle and Thread Thursday





8 comments:

  1. You have been busy. Love the half hexie braid quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck finishing your star quilts; I hope you finish them before St Nic. He visits here on the 5th; that wouldn't give you much time! But as you probably see him on the 25th, you have enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A trip, a finish, AND baking?! Way to go, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the braid quilt - great design! And the precisely organized and stacked cookies gave me a good chuckle, too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh my, a whole bunch if Christmas cookies, not something we really do here in my part of the world. But some of us do bake Christmas Cake and make shortbread, and I've just made a yummy chocolate cherry slice. Which wont have a show of lasting till Christmas. The braid strips certainly look extra special with the narrow black edging, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful braid quilt!!! You make it look so quick and easy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely braid quilt! And those three star quilts will soon be finished and that will be four! Great work for November. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm wondering what an alligator feels like - lol! Hope your head colds are in your past now. Love your braid quilt, and it came together so quickly. So when you say "double batting" do you simply put two layers in your sandwich? Wowza on the cookies! Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete