Monday, October 31, 2022

Trick or Treat !

No tricks here but lots of 

completed projects!! Here is my spooky helper!


 


I quilted like a fiend ( appropriate for the season),

and managed to finish up five quilts!



First up, number 1 of the 4 big string stars 

is complete and bound. 


This one has a nice crumb border and only a single batt.

I had it quilted at a shop since I have a quilt pass to use up. 

I like the all over star pattern.

The back is 20" squares from my stash. 



This always makes the quilt seem reversible so I really 

like this way of making backs. 

Next, the two Stars & Pieces quilts are 

quilted and bound. 



Such crummy delight all around.  I certainly will 
be returning to this way of using up my scraps.



 I had a great time quilting the center of each 

differently and using both my Janome 

machines.  One machine seized up in the middle and 

went out to an overdue repair and cleaning. 

The first center got a Karen Brown , Just 

Get it Done Quilter treatment with randomly

placed lines from side to side. 


 The second got a large grid sewn thru the color blocks. 


I may go back in and add another level. This looks a 
bit sparse. 

These crumb blocks and stars turned out 

sew well , they may become a go to for me. 

I think I already have a few crumb blocks 

in waiting and I regularly add to the star stash pile. 

More stars showed up and I quilted the teal blue

Stars and Stamps baby quilt. 


I put a lovely yellow zig zag on the back, it is so cuddly. 



Such a joy to quilt, 

I pulled out some others and got 

them all underway at once! I have a small stash 

of flannel that was awaiting a good home. 

Three more of the Stars and Stamps 

are pinned up, (red, pink, and orange) as well 

as the pink pillars large crib sized quilt. 




Last but not least was  red coin crib sized quilt.



This got a vertical treatment with division lines on the 

red and a nice pattern on the beige dividers! 



All inside pictures today since it is a bit cold and gloomy 

outside today, but inside my house is covered in quilts!


Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with:

Monday Musings

Design Wall Monday

To do Tuesday!

Wait Loss Wednesday!

Midweek Makers

Can I get A Whoop Whoop

Off the Wall Friday

TGIFF

Finished or Not Friday!

Peacock Party 

RSC 2022

Patchwork and Quilts

Oh Scrap!

From Bolt to Beauty



20 comments:

  1. I love to see what you are doing. All those crumb quilts really speak to me. Maybe I should emulate you and do one. Or maybe the red and cream coins quilt... must finish things already started! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These last two months are certainly turning into finish it up time aren't they! Happy Quilting.

      Delete
  2. That Stars and Stamps is gorgeous! I like the red coin quilt too. Your house looks so cozy with those quilts. Have a great week, and thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really look forward to sharing my progress on Tuesday's linky party ! We got
      4 inches of snow so definitely an interesting week!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on all the scrappy finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! They are certainly fun to finish!

      Delete
  4. Those Stars and Stamps are definitely winners! So pretty. Indeed, your home looks lovely with all the scrappy quilts in it. You are an inspiration for finishing quilts and using up scraps! Thank you for sharing on the 300th Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting! I have met so many quilters and maker thru linky parties and it has opened a whole new world for me. And what a blessing during 2019-21.
      Thank you again for your consistent quilty suport!

      Delete
  5. Great job on all your finishes! You have been busy!! I love the Stars and Stamps quilt - stars are one of my favorite blocks!! Thanks so much for linking up with Monday Musings today! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do turn out well don't they! Now to get a handle on more scraps!!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you , it is so rewarding to get them finished and gifted!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh! This is amazing! What a great job you've done! Now go reward yourself and buy some fabric! Kidding....sort of... No really, superb scrap busting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations X 5! Wow! That must be so much fun to have 5 finishes off the UFO list. I love them all but if I have to pick a favourite I would say the 2 stars and crumb block quilts. The addition of that border makes a world of difference. Well played. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I also love your spooky helper. hahaha. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you get busy, and these finishes are lovely!
    Thank you for sharing all these pretty scrappy quilts, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just look at them all, your home really is covered in quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty quilts - and great finishes! I love your big crumb blocks with the star border especially!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As long as your house is covered in quilts, it's bound to be cozy! I like every one of those you've shown, and I make a lot of scrappy vortex-style blocks and put them together. They don't look like Crazy Mom's because I use long strips and orphan blocks, and favorite pieces from Novelty fabrics, and she didn't, but I love making them, and understand how you want to do more! It's addictive, I think. Thanks for sharing on Wait Loss Wednesday, so I could see these!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! These are all amazing! I really love those crumb pieced blocks and star borders. They're such a perfect way to use some scraps :)

    ReplyDelete