Thursday, August 25, 2022

Ideas Come from Everywhere!


 I do keep getting caught up by cute little 

ideas that pop up everywhere. 

I arranged some crumb blocks on the design floor

a few weeks ago when zen sewing came into play. 


Okay, they fell off a shelf when I was looking for

 something else. They are always attractive to me 

so I left them to percolate and provide inspiration. 

Then last week I needed to widen a geometric back and got 

some wonky stars from the parts department. 



You can see where this is heading can't  you?

Look how adorable this is! 



 The blocks need repositioning to spread out the 

colors, but it already looks so happy!

  It may end up as a 

nice teen quilt for our children's charity.  

It should finish around 60" x 70".

There are enough blocks in the parts reserve to make 

two quilts so I could gift one and share one!

Small update: the orange blocks were a tad too 

small so I had to pull out more orange scraps! 

Rainbow Scraps will not be denied!


Gearing up for a machine quilting September!

Linking with:

Wait Loss Wednesday

Midweek Makers

Put You're Foot Down

Off the Wall Friday

Finished or not Friday!

RSC 2022

Oh Scrap

Monday Makers

Design Wall Monday

Monday Morning Sew and Tell

To do Tuesday!



 



34 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great look!!! Even better together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ! They do really look great! Very exciting!

      Delete
  2. That is going to be a great quilt. How big are your crumb blocks? I need to sew scraps, they are taking over my space!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be great too. The crumb blocks are 12 1/2" and the wonky stars are 6 1/2" cut. My scraps are still rioting in my sewing room but their constant comments
      keeps me focused on ways to use them up!

      Delete
    2. whoops , small stars are 6 in cut, they will require a tiny spacer of white to fit the center properly.

      Delete
  3. love the combination of crumb blocks and wonky stars! such great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oh - finish this!!! I love where it is going, and if those blocks are going to fall off a shelf and yell at you.... I mean, it must be there time right? haha!!! I really really like this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , those crumb blocks are very demanding! Keep on stitching!

      Delete
  5. This is just wonderful! I love the use of the spare parts!!! It's going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure hope so, I have so many parts I really need to get it together!!! ( see what I did there!?!) Happy Stitching!

      Delete
  6. Well thank goodness those stars feel right into your lap cuz they look fantastic with those strings. Those stars would not be denied! Love them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such assertive scrap blocks!! I really like them !

      Delete
  7. Love those crumb blocks - they look like they came from my place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ! We all have some of these waiting in the wings for their time to shine!

      Delete
  8. Love all the bright scrappy blocks and the star border.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it is such a rush to use already made blocks!

      Delete
  9. OK - that is some brilliant design evolution!!! Love how those stars float around the crumb blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know , my QB suggested I put in a small, white border but I think they float well without it. Thank you !

      Delete
  10. I love the happy quilt that’s evolving! Such fun eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great idea to use the stars as a border, why do I never think of things like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I sure you have! And certainly will in the future! Have a great time stitiching!

      Delete
  12. Wow, this is great! What could be better than rainbow blocks and a star border? You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you ! It is so nice when a plan comes together spontaneously!

      Delete
  13. What a happy accident as those two projects collided. I love it. Have a great week, and thanks for joining the Put Your Foot Down Linky Party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the crumb blocks looked good but with the stars, wowza. It turned them into sort of a landscape feel to me. Now what is this magic that happens? I love quilting!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful accident! Definitely a divine hand in this. Love it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What marvelous scrappy quilt! And the fact that you have spare parts enough for a 2nd is bonus :) Thanks for linking with Sew & Tell

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable combo. Those crumb blocks look so cute, and I need to make some! Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those look great together. Wonderful combo.

    ReplyDelete