Fall is almost upon us and it's time to
get back into the sewing room.
The design wall was home to an unfinished I Spy
for a bit of time over the summer.
First is changing orientations of a few blocks.
Some of the teddy bears were standing on their heads!
Then it needs sashing.
Lots of decisions available,
and of course, I went with blue.
For a quick pull off the shelf, it was perfect.
There's even enough to do the binding.
It's going to be left open-ended with
no sashings on the top or bottom.
The binding will close off the rows
to make it look finished.
I should finish 48"x 58".
The work room is fully loaded with things to do.
Two little cats are waiting to be paired with our mates,
and stitched together into a smalltop.
There are 23 of these legacy cat blocks so maybe
sashing or some alternate blocks may join them.





Welcome back to 'the action'! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you. It is difficult to get back in the groove after traveling sometimes. There is so much to do in my sewing oasis! The fun is on the way!\
DeleteWelcome back, Deb!! I'm sure you'll have much fun working in your sewing room this fall! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great I-spy quilt!!!💙
ReplyDeleteFun guitars and cute animals, your I-spy quilt looks very pretty! Welcome back to the sewing room ;) Love the cats too. Thank you for sharing your projects and linking up!
ReplyDeleteHi Deb, welcome back. I hope you had a good summer. Enjoy working on all of your fun projects. Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This!
ReplyDeleteYou have some projects in the works. The I Spy Quilt is fun and your kitty blocks are too.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! You certainly have some fun projects going on.
ReplyDeleteWow when you get back to sewing, you really move fast! So many great projects almost done. Kudos for that. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/02/wednesday-wait-loss-500
ReplyDeleteI did a lot of counting and the organization makes a big difference.
DeleteNow back to stitching, have a great week!