Trying to clean and organize led me to a great Revelation.
Sometimes the answer is nearby.
All of us experience experience overcrowding
on our workspace at some time.
My issue were all the boxes of accessories
as well of all the bobbin holders.
I was drowning in supplies!
Examining the wall by my sewing machine,
I was considering a small shelf or drawer unit hanging on the wall.
Then I realized, I sew at a desk.....
with drawers.
The bottom drawer is the place for
all the sharp objects when the GKs or non-sewers come down.
The top two drawers however,
were just full of odds and sods.
A bit of a clean out and a perfect place for not only
accessory boxes and bobbin holders
but also the sewing manual.
The manual was getting tatty for being
The machine storage for it is not ideal.
Either it's too tall , or obstructing
the throat area.
A nice clean out and some separators
and I've got a lovely storage area and
have reclaimed my workspace.
Stay Safe and Sew On!
Linking up with :







Perfect! Thanks for joining Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome!
DeleteGood job on the drawer organization!
ReplyDeleteThank you !! Wait till you see where i put my Bernina tool box!
DeleteHi Deb, isn't it amazing when we take the time to rethink our storage area? Your drawers are not overcrowded and you'll be able to find what you're looking for. I've had to move my bobbins around also but I think I've finally found the right spot. It's also nice to reorganise one area at a time, so that it's not too overwhelming. Thanks for linking up to I Quilted This! Have a great day :-)
ReplyDeleteI will. Finally back to sewing after quite a bit of a break! Yay I think the Mojo has returned.
DeleteGreat organizing, Deb!! Can you come to my house???! LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I'd love to ! Happy Stitching!
DeleteCongratulations on your successful organization! I also have a plethora of accessories. My daughter loves haveing dividers in her drawers as well. Have you heard of Dana K. White from A Slob Comes Clean? I started implementing a few of her tips last year, and they really helped me kickstart and achieve my organizational goals. I did fall off the wagon, so it’s probably time for a reset! 😊
ReplyDeleteOhh I'll have to look into that! Thank you !
DeleteI have the same issues...plus a backlog of scraps from other projects hanging around. Your success may encourage me to put some loose things away!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!
DeleteDon't you love it when a brilliant idea comes to you? Great reorganization. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeletehttps://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/07/08/wednesday-wait-loss-492
It really is much better !
Delete