Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Getting Things Done!

 It is almost time for another retreat weekend.

Perfect timing to review the leftovers from the 

last sewing holiday!

The little flannel teddy bear still needs

to have his head attached.



 I will have to find some more flannels for him.

Number five on the list from the last retreat 

is the curved nine patch.

It was at the end of my work list.

I did get a layout done. Now I just need to decide on an

 inner border or not and then join it together so that one 

will be second on the list for the next retreat. 


The other items left over were basically filler items.

I always take a few extras!     

 I had a big bag of crumb blocks and 

stars I was going to join together.

They are actually still in the retreat

 bag so less packing for me!

I had also a bag of pre-sorted 

three and a half inch block

supplies to make a colour wash quilt.

They too, were still in the retreat bag.

It looks like I will add in some 

Halloween fabrics to cut and compile. 

 I'm sure there are some other projects I can take along.

I like that I've almost got my next retreat ready to go!

The format for this retreat is a come and go.

 We go and sew all day.

 Then we all leave to sleep in our own beds

and return the next morning for more sewing.

This really seems to cut down on the amount of packing,

 clothing and bedding.

When you forget sewing supplies, you have 

that night to pick them up!

It is definitely a win-win for everyone involved!

Stay safe and sew on!




2 comments:

  1. Love the curved 9 patch. What size squares did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the block is cut 8 1/2. Not sure what size squares, it has been aging quite a while. I search out the pattern!

      Delete