Monday, July 8, 2024

Nothing but Logs Left

 Well, let's have a look at my pile 'o quilts!

I noticed last week that all that is left in

the pile to be quilted stack are log cabins!

Yay, I do like a good log cabin!

The three quilts just finished, are ready to 

go and  

two of them are log cabins!


I am diversifying though. The current project

is the Rainbow Triangle Strings and 

it is a classic string quilt using lots of 

strips, strings and bits. 



My colour piles are a sight to behold! They just warm 

the corners of my little scrap quilter's heart!

The hot weather is helping my progress and 

the tops are coming together quickly.

Progress pictures!


Starting blocks on top of two stash buster Irish Chains!



Out with those and back up with the first stack of 

blocks complete.


More, 


and more, 


and more, 



almost there, 


the top half is complete!





The bottom half is complete here and 

now the duplicate blocks are going on!

I decided to make 2 tops since the colour piles

are all out of their storage containers and accessible. 

It is also a stitching good time!!


They give the top a tessellated look!

The remaining dozen will be finished up 

soon and then both tops can be assembled

and readied for quilting!!

Lots of progress here!

Stay safe (cool) and sew on!

Linking up with:













24 comments:

  1. Great string blocks. Keeping track of the quilt design may be too much for my brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got to count a lot but the second set of blocks is ready to go!

      Delete
  2. I love all those strings! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely string blocks! What a wonderful way to use up scraps. Makes me happy too! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/10/wednesday-wait-loss-388

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I still have lots of scraps left tho?!!

      Delete
  4. Oh these are so yummy looking! I just finished up some string quilts too, so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I think it is because we know we are using up scraps!

      Delete
  5. Hi Deb, those are really looking wonderful! Any chance that you'll be quilting any of those amazing log cabin quilts? Have a great weekend and thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am , I am ! Just started on one of the crazy log cabins. Next week's post!

      Delete
  6. Love all your logs!!! The scraps tho - wow!! that is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who doesn't love a good log cabin & some strings??? Yours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pile of log cabin quilts! Your string blocks are pretty, and the design wall looks bright and cheerful. This is a great scrap project! Thank you for sharing, it's a block I'll probably make one day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I actually started quilting up the black background tops. So far so good!! Progress shots coming!

      Delete
  9. Love your stack of log cabin quilts and your string blocks are really pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just have to get busy on the rainbow string triangle . I have a deadline!

      Delete
  10. Great string blocks...they are so happy and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! They were so much fun to do!

      Delete
  11. You've done so well on the finishing front! The strip blocks are really bright and fun. Enjoy finishing off that project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. Binding is like the icing on cake in quilting isn't it?

      Delete