Thursday, May 9, 2024

Scrappy Days

 It has been a very busy week! Lots of scraps,

lots of quilts and lots of quilting!

I managed to take most of a day and 

do up a bunch of scraps into 41 cute little stars.




These will complement my stack of crumb 

blocks nicely.  The baby pineapple was finished

up complete with a satin edge that nearly drove

me around the bend.




Treating it like a binding was not working so 

after some frustrated pinning, sewing, ripping, 

resewing and more ripping, I got a fresh packet of 

satin edging and started over.

A quick phone consult to my BB made sure I was 

on the right track and the rest is cute history. 



 I even labeled it up!

A little look at past labels has made me 

alter my process. I am still using the adorable

mini blocks that were gifted by a friend, but the 

corners were always giving me problems. 


So.. I have done away with them!  Now I nick 

the corners off to make an obtuse angle that pushes

out neatly without as much bulk as the right angle corners. 

The result looks nice, unique and even!



I even made a little quilt show label 

to note my recent entries in our local show!



Happy cornering!

Stay safe and sew on!


Linking up with:

Put Your Foot Down

Midweek Makers

Needle & Thread Thursday

Wait Loss Wednesday

Finished or Not Friday

TGIFF

Design Wall Friday

Free Motion Mavericks

RSC 2024

Patchwork & Quilts

Stitching Stuff

Oh Scrap!








13 comments:

  1. Such cute stars!! And kudos to finshing the satin edge, I shudder to think about it. LOL Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a trial! I have picked out that much in ages!

      Delete
  2. Blunt corners is a great idea. Pretty and practical. The satin edges look beautiful, even if they did give you trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , and yes the satin edging is so nice!

      Delete
  3. Cute little wonky stars! Boy, 41, you have been super productive! Bravo for the lovely finish with the satin ribbon, it looks beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing your busy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I do love my little stars. They are a good place for little bits and so rewarding to complete!

      Delete
  4. You've been busy! All those cute wonky stars! Well done on the beautiful satin edges (I don't think I'll ever try!). Love your pineapple quilt and great idea on labels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , it feels good to have the little quilt complete well before it is needed! The label solution is a frustration reliver. No more corners that look like weird points or little bulky bumps!

      Delete
  5. That satin finish for the pineapple quilt is very unique, it looks very cool. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! I don't think I'd attempt a satin binding so good for you! I know babies and small children love the feel of the satin so again I say -- Oh wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever way to use those orphan blocks as labels. That baby pineapple quilt is so sweet! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/08/wednesday-wait-loss-379

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pineapple quilt is so pretty, and I love your stars. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, I love the satin edge. Did you end up treating it like a border instead of a binding? I'm just wondering how you finally got it on. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete