Monday, November 6, 2023

Buddha bowl fabric

 Have you every had a fabric that just seemed to never run out?

I have had three over my quilting calling. 

Sale fabric that was perfect as background and backing for a quilt, 

I used it up and yet..  I keep finding scraps years later.

Another fabric purchased since it was such a great bargain it 

couldn't be left was a red leaf print. The bolt had some cuts fresh

 from the factory so I bought three meters. 

It really seemed to reproduce over time

 I used some  earlier this year for a binding. 


 The piece seemed to come out of hiding just for the project. 

My next  Buddha fabric is really 

 two white on white fabrics, one with 1/4" dots and 

the other with 1/4" diamonds.  I split a bolt of each with a 

sewing buddy two decades ago (or more)  and still come 

across bits of it. They seem to show up whenever 

I need white scraps!

Here is bit of the dot one, the diamonds are being

 elusive this am. 


It is such a delight to find them in amongst the scraps.

Stay safe and sew on!

Here is a Buddha blessing.

  • "Three things cannot be long hidden: 
  • the sun, the moon, and the truth."

I guess some of that never ending fabric too!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment