Friday, May 19, 2023

Not quite abandoned! RSC

 Argh.  I had planned all my RSC projects

and made the fatal mistake of choosing one

with too much white!  




So instead of sending

the blocks to the orphanage, 

they've been redesigned into something different!

First I tried to make the crumb scrap Irish Chain

but in a small size. It looked incomplete with only 

the six large blocks  sooo, 


I moved them around a bit and came up with 

something that looks a bit like a small hills. 


 Still needed a little bit of something,  

I dug into the wonky star pile and added them to the 

sides to make the ratio more appealing. 


After a few switches of the colors, 

I came up this arrangement! More stars finished

out each side and the size is good.

 I am calling it Toddler's staircase.

My flurry of making backs and pinning, created some 

larger bits and a nice stripy back will suit this little blue baby. 



The stars spice it up nicely and it is a 

good save for a project that lost it way!



Stay safe and find a good place for those

abandoned blocks. 

Linking up with :

Finished or Not Friday

TGIFF

Peacock Party 

Put Your Foot Down

Foto Fun

Brag about Your Beauties

Off the Wall Friday

Whoop Whoop!

Sew and Tell

Scrap Happy Saturday!

Oh Scrap!

15 Minutes to Stitch

Patchwork and Quilts





29 comments:

  1. I think it’s great! And some formerly abandoned blocks are going to cuddle someone special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It was fun to see it come together so well!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Well done - using up some really cool blocks and making a pretty quilt with them. This looks like you planned it to be this way the whole time. Like it quite a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really quelled my disappointment when I saw it come together so well!!! That's why quilting is sew much fun!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful new purpose for these pretty blocks! I love the stars border too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , those little stars( they are addicting to make) really perks up a variety of blocks. I will be using them again with some crumb/bonus blocks I have.

      Delete
  4. Great Save from the orphanage and you paired more orphans with it...Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It was fun to do and I love those little stars!

      Delete
  5. Cute finish, the yellow looks great with the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ! It is a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you ! I love it when a plan comes together ( last minute plan!?! LOL)

      Delete
  8. Wow, it looks like you planned it this way. Nice save, and a great way to use up those unwanted blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like changing my mind midstream! There was just too much white!
      They became something totally new! Yay!

      Delete
  9. I like the low volume. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really beginning to appreciate the value of low volume!( see what I did there? haha) They just have so many uses and add great interest to backgrounds while make the colors pop!

      Delete
  10. Great use of orphan blocks, Deb. Congrats on a pretty finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I am finally getting to finish a few! I have some bindings to do and they can call a few more done!

      Delete
  11. Great baby quilt! Rescued blocks turned into a lovely quilt. You're inspiring me to dig out the leftovers and get to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to work up to a Gypsy Wife quilt with leftover blocks. It may have to wait until snow flies in the fall.

      Delete
  12. Deb, that was a GREAT save!!! Congratulations on a terrific finish. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and see you in the blogverse next week!

      Delete
  13. Talk about making lemonade when you are stuck with lemons. It turned out lovely after all the dithering. Congrats! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly ! What to do , what to do. Wandering around waiting for inspiration and finally ! Turn the blocks and get stitching!

      Delete
  14. Wonderful save!! Love those blocks - so I am glad you could find a way to use them!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely and such a great little quilt made from a muddled colour blunder. Take care & thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete