Saturday, January 28, 2023

Blocky January

 What a month! 



 Lots of stitching, some sorting and lots of fun!  

First off, many blue wonky log cabin blocks of are now 

waiting in the wings for assembly. Yes this is a squirrel.

My focus was on using up scraps and 

this project certainly did  chew into the blue pile!



 Another sew day is coming up so I can whiz thru these 

block piles and feel oh so productive! 

I even pre-count and 

use  lovely clips to keep them in groups of ten.

There is a nice stack of  multi colored wonky logs waiting to

be added to the tops I finished earlier this month. 

Twin size will  work well for our local hospital hostel. 



The Elusive logs blocks have all the centers 

made up.  It has this working name since the 

only picture I have is a page from a 2002 QNM

with no designers name.  I will have to investigate!

Move over Agatha!



Since it is almost month end, I have tallied up my 

goals achieved this month!  I got some sorting done, 

pop over here to see my scissor cuts, and 

cleared out some scraps for others to enjoy.  

The metric for those moving out is .5 kilos per 

large bag of bits.  So far this year I've moved out

3 kilos of the treasures!  Subtract that from the 11 

drawers of color sorted, pressed scraps, 8 bags of 

sorted by color scraps and six bins and that makes...

oh, never mind.  Just a lot of quilt seeds left in the sewing stash!

Stash wise, nothing in and nothing out! 

2023 STASH TOTALS

Used last week:           0.0 M

Used year to date:     0.0 M

Added last week:          0.0 M

Added year to date:      0. M

Net added in 2023      0.0 yards


I am expecting a few boxes of legacy fabrics 

next week so that will change my count.  

RSC projects got a work out too, with 4 out of

8 on the list worked on this month.  There 

are still a few days left so a few more may get done up!

The garlic knot and weave are on the list for the weekend. 



Stay safe and sew on !


Linking up with :

OMG

Oh Scrap! 

Finished or Not Friday

RSC 2023

Design Wall Friday

Can I get a Whoop Whoop 


Peacock Party




7 comments:

  1. So many nice scrappy log cabin blocks! Good luck tracking down the pattern for the Elusive blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a bit of looking and may have to purchase an issue from ebay. Maybe if I Pinterest a pic of the block I will get some info!

      Delete
  2. Impressive that nothing has been added for January. (I tried but I did bring home a cute almost yard remnant from JoAnne Stores and marked down about 75%. Too good to pass up! What is legacy fabric? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I have decided to call fabric from our fellow quilters who have gone on to the great fabric store. It also works for UFOs that we finished after our quilting buddies leave us. It seems more gentle and respectful .

      Delete
  3. Lots of fun projects & your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great title - Blocky January!! and amazing blocks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your garlic knot! And your rainbow connection has super fun fabrics!!! The elusive blocks are pretty unique and interesting!!! You go, Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete