Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Table scraps and Leftovers

 Well, I've gone down the rabbit hole

 but have emerged successful!

I so love the table scraps challenge but I am 

wondering what to do so often I

only end up in the fan club and never at the party!

 After darting down the journey of 

looking at everyone's current posts, and many old ones, 

I have found my sew jo!!

This year two of my RSC projects 

will be the table scraps offering .  

Grace and Peace lead me on to woodberry_way , 

so I will be doing some more 

"Not quite postage stamp"  blocks to clean off my

 table each month. I've done a few but as we  always 

ask ourselves,  " So many scraps, do I have enough thread?"

I sorted out some of my  2 1/2" box and there are not a lot 

of blue squares in there. A great opportunity to cut 

up the remaining blues on the table. 

Here is the first NQ postage stamp bit. 

I am using a 5 x 5 pieced blocks since

it fits on my design boards!  


Here is what I finished the night and the month with!

These 2 " finished square block sets should be 

beautiful in a rainbow of colors. 

 

I have also included a "stringing along" quilt 

my RSC group this year. It is made from 12 1/2" pieces

3 1/2 in wide sashed with a bit of white.  It so happens that 

I have a 3 1/2" ruler in the stable so these trimmed up easily.

This will use up all the cut offs from my other projects.

  I'm excited to be starting on the rainbow road and 

finishing up my table scraps at the same time!





Linking up with :

Table scraps Challenge

To Do Tuesday

Off the Wall Friday

Finished or Not Friday

RSC 2023




4 comments:

  1. Good for you using those 2.5" squares. I've been working with both the 2.5 and the 2.0 squares recently. Your string along quilt looks great. Interesting idea to use that size of leftovers. Enjoy your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I didn't think you EVER lost your sew jo! You are a big inspiration for me, and I love seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for being in the TABLE SCRAPS Fan Club, Deb, but I'd like to personally welcome you to the party this month!! Happy scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had another great week! thanks for linking with To Do Tuesday

    ReplyDelete