Saturday, July 2, 2022

Canada Day and Lots of Everything!


What a great day!


Canada Day!

It started out with a lovely

lie in followed by not the 

best pancakes but tasty!  

( I made them so I can criticize)



Then it was off to zoo for  a great 

and relaxing time with GKs .

We even discovered a new to us 

animal. So great to share a discovery 

with your child. It is a takin. At a distance, 

it looked like a crouching bear. Has hinged 

back legs and can climb like a goat . Not too

bad for an animal that weighs 180 kgs. 



Then off home to wait for fireworks and...

clean the sewing room!  

After a Very full week it needed attention. 

It was so relaxing!  I helped the fellas at 

Midsummer Murders solve a mystery and 

sorted the pins, 



put away the sorted black strips from the 

Color Around the block top I'd finished Thursday,



sorted a lovely bunch of gifted 

 squares and project parts from a friend,




and sewed up and pressed a whole bunch of 

white/cream  strip blocks to make corners for star strings.





 Then we finished the nite with 

the whole town gathering in the park for fireworks.

Thank you for letting me share a fun Friday nite !

Linking up to:

Friday nite with Friends

Friday Night Sew In!






10 comments:

  1. Color around the block is a beautiful finish!
    You have a bunch of blocks to play with. It was a nice gift.
    My kids always loved going too the zoo, so soynds you had a great day there. I like how you lable the table to sort your scraps. Have a great weekend.

    I

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , and that labeled table is a large piece of foam core so I can move it around. We did have a great time at the zoo too! Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I have never seen nor heard of that animal! great quilt blocks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it almost looked like a bear from afar as it has a hunched shape. A very interesting day!

      Delete
  3. I love the black sashing around your colour blocks - a splendid top. What a great busy day and thank you for introducing us to the Takin! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always so much fun to discover something new!

      Delete
  4. Happy belated Canada day... and a wonderful tour through your sewing area... xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and it was fun. I even found the picture of my little Canadian flag. It now lives in Florida with my eldest brother.

      Delete
  5. Some lovely scrappy projects happening at your place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I do love the scrapping but there always seems to be more! Have a great week!

      Delete