Monday, March 7, 2022

Yellow is so mellow!

 I had no idea I had so many yellows! 

I felt sure I used them all but the yellow

scrap bag is quite full!


So far, in yellow, I  have:

9 little houses (gold colored),


and 6 star blocks. I had to go back and do up 
teal and red blocks to catch myself up. 

I keep finding more patterns I want to make! 

The star surrounded blocks were quick to do 

since I had a pile of stars in the block bank.   

I also made 6 crumb blocks from the last

of the teal.  There are only a few 

scraps left now. 



I have almost all of the blocks 

finished for 2 large string stars. 

 








I am making a star string quilt. It may have
one star of each color or combine all of them into 
one quilt.  It really depends on how many 
stars I can complete! Lots left to do I think!


Stay safe and have fun sewing on!!



Linking up with :

Monday Makers

Monday This and That

Design Wall Monday

To Do Tuesday

Wait Loss Wednesday

Midweek Makers

Put Your Foot Down

Stitch, Show and Show

Needle and Thread Thursday

Finished or Not Friday

Design Wall Friday

Oh Scrap!

RSC 2022

Peacock Party





22 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love the little houses Deb! All your blocks are looking so pretty and colorful... thanks for linking to Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoy the quilting community that has developed in the blog verse! It keeps me looking forward instead of inward!

      Delete
  2. I am eager to see what the string stars look like. And the other star and houses blooks are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Quilting does keep us joyful during stressful times!

      Delete
  3. Awesome scrap use, Deb! Your Star Surrounded blocks make me wonder about set of Maverick Stars that I have from a bygone RSC. Adding colorful squares to increase their size sounds like a really good plan! Off to see if that might work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have a large stash of blocks that could fit in places! Time to take a week and join up some blocks with great potential!

      Delete
  4. I love your stars with the squares surrounding them! They're going to make a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now to figure out how to join them! So much fun ahead!

      Delete
  5. You've done so well using your scraps! Love the stars with squares. I look forward to seeing the string stars.
    Thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumor has it that even more scraps will be coming in this week ! It feels like Christmas but my list of to dos gets longer and longer!! Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I know , so much fun! Love those strings!

      Delete
  7. I love your tiny houses, so cute. The star blocks looks also fun to make.
    Yellow is such a happy collor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think yellow is happy too. I have a friend who says, " Every quilt needs a little sunshine!" She puts a little bit of yellow in every quilt she makes! She just turned 90 years old at Christmas.

      Delete
  8. That made me smile "had to go back and catch myself up". I'm planning to do just that on string blocks I'm making. Love those pretty star blocks surrounded with the patchwork squares

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The star blocks really turned out well with the squares around! It is great when a pattern surprises us like that!

      Delete
  9. Every time I see your little houses, it makes me want to start another long term project. But, for now I'll just keep watching yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch away! Hopefully I keep doing some interesting things!! Stay safe and sew on!

      Delete
  10. Such cute blocks, Deb!! I love the star blocks!!! I enjoy seeing all the interesting ways RSCers are using their scraps! I'm surprised how many yellow scraps I have in my basket, also!!! Still working on my blocks...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blocks. Like the way you framed the stars with borders made from squares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute blocks! Love the Star Surrounds. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You with your yellows and me with my blues. Before adding the glass door cabinets and organizing by color I had no idea there were so many blues. Love what you have so far and excited to see its finish. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete