Saturday, March 26, 2022

A Colorful couple!

 Finally a quilt  or two for TGIFF

and OMG ( one monthly goal)!

I just wrapped up the binding on 

this Rainbow framed string quilt. 

It measures up at 78" x 88".




The companion baby quilt is flannel backed

and finished at a nice 41" x 44". 


It looks like our rental dog was really 
 wanting me to finish up this top!





A good amount of scraps go into the making but of 

course the supply is not running out any time soon. 

Scrap whites were used for the central 

white strips as well. 




I use all varieties of print fabrics

 but I make sure to use those with 

minimal white background. 

A 80-20 Hobbs batt is inside so it will 

be warm but not too heavy. 

This quilt is graced with my first ever

monogramed/ signature binding. 



I forced myself to sit still long enough 

to program my name and date on the binding!  

Once I figured it out, I added three 

variations to the machine memory. 


 I will still add a label but the

binding accent was fun to do and will 

be a nice surprise when found.  I will also 

start putting other encouraging thoughts 

on my quilt bindings. Who knows when 

words of encouragement may make a difference. 



Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with:

TGIFF

One Monthly Goal

Oh Scrap!

RSC 2022

Brag About Your Beauties

Off the Wall Friday

Finished or Not Fridays

Design Wall Mondays

Monday Makers

To do Tuesday!

Wait Loss Wednesday!

Midweek Makers



24 comments:

  1. Two fabulously colourful quilts! Like you idea of using a white strip down the centre of each block - so effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . The white does really make the colors pop!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you , and the string blocks are so much fun to do . They always look great which is a bonus for someone like me who is not a color genius!

      Delete
  3. Bright and cheerful quilts! Congrats on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I actually found some squirrels and now I have started quilting on an Indian hatchet / Weave block for a family friend. Always distractible!!

      Delete
  4. Oh I LOVE String quilts and these are so pretty...
    Rental Dog???? That cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Rental dog. The kids ask us to watch the dog for a weekend or a day. The neighbors started it by having their own rental dog out for a walk. Keeps us all laughing! I love string quilts too, and have 2 more ( at least ) in the works.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your double RSC quilt finish, Deb!! Nice work on taking the time to figure out the machine embroidery feature. LOVE that binding embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This retirement life is fun! The binding work took a bit to get right but it is fun! Stay safe and sew on!

      Delete
  6. I love the encouraging words idea! Your quilts are beautiful. I have string quilts on my list but haven't done one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just keep finding more string quilt ideas!!! It is neverending so I will always
      have a project to work on!

      Delete
  7. i LOVE a pretty string quilt! And you made two :)

    Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very welcome! I love the linky parties and often go down the rabbit hole of visiting everyone! So many ideas are shared! Really keeps me connected and the creative juices flowing! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both quilts look great, and what a clever idea to embroider your name and date right on the binding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I still do a label but words and info on the binding will be so much fun!

      Delete
  10. What great scrap busting projects.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! I haven't thought about putting encouraging words on the bindings. A very neat idea. I just finally have remembered to include a label every time. I love rainbows so both quilts appealed to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful quilts, both of them! I love the rainbow colors and the monogram on the binding. I can program those with my Janome, but for some reason (user error?) my monograms are generally a bit crooked and not well spaced.
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great! It's amazing how you can use so many scraps...and then turn around and somehow that pile didn't even go down!? Wha??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Dora in finding Nemo , Just keep sewing , just keep sewing!!!!!!

      Delete
  14. What a great use for white scraps. I have a lot of whites that are all different "shades" and weights. (You know what I mean!) Now I know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking at this makes me want to do another rainbow string quilt.....but I will try to hold off until I finish some others!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilts! I've always been struck by the idea of making a matching baby quilt to a wedding quilt. But your idea of adding your name and encouraging thoughts to the binding exceeds that! Wonderful idea. Thank you for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete