Sunday, January 9, 2022

Great to see you !

 First sew day of the year and 

wowzer!  Got nothing on my 

list done!!! I was clearing off 

my cozy sew space and saw the

half square triangle pieces 

and couldn't resist. I made them 

into 19 blocks! 



That was just sew day warm up! 

Then next morning, still getting 

ready , I was moving baskets of

strips intended for a Big Strings

and couldn't resist!  



Most of the strings were ready so that

 was a big time saver.  I only had a bit of

 trimming and cutting to do.

 The end of sew day found me 

just 20" away from having enough rows

for a nice large queen size string 

quilt!  Woot Woot! 



 This top will go into the vault for a quick 

completion if we go back into the 

deep freeze, weather wise! 

 It is actually only -22 today 

so a brisk morning walk  was lovely. 

I did have a load of cut offs from 

the strings to deal with .



The side effect of scrap quilting is, 

oddly enough, more scraps!

A quick sort into color and lengths

 make this heap manageable.

 They can be sewn up into sections

for borders or a small top. Maybe even

another set for one of my family-to-be friends! 

Lots to do !  Stay safe and sew on!


Linking up with :

Oh Scrap

Monday Makers

Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers







7 comments:

  1. I can picture your enjoyment of all those scraps in your cozy space. I cannot picture anyone walking in -22 degrees though; good choice to go back inside! Happy New Year too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we just get used to it!!! I do have fun with those scraps . Between my frugal nature and feeling like I'm getting presents every time I open a bag of scraps, scrapping
    makes me very happy! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you were having a lot of fun! Way to use up those scraps! I kind of have a rule about my scraps: if I get one more usage out of it, I'm allowed (and encouraged) to toss it, guilt-free! (Of course, if it's something I love or know I'll need, I won't.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun how little scraps become blocks and soon after, quilts! Love watching the process. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scrappy fun? Resistance is futile, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow on the queen sized quilt - that was fast! Love doing strings, hate the clean up - lol! You brisk-walked in -22 degrees? Wow!
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete