Friday, December 17, 2021

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like....

 Well, the season is upon us! 

There is lots of white stuff here, 

and the cold has descended!  


The cards are almost done. 




 I have been sending quilts off to significant 

friends of the family when they are having a baby.  

We haven't been able to go to lots of weddings

or even have a lot of gatherings . So I send off

a queen sized bed quilt with a matching baby quilt. If they 

have a wedding quilt from me, I make a 

baby quilt in the same pattern. 

Here are a few of the pairs I've made. 











These two beauties I pulled out to work on
 during 2 Christmas guild meetings.



I managed to make the top longer instead of 
wider during one of the sew days, 
so some readjusting was necessary. 

These will be off for a couple who didn't

 get a quilt from me but got 

one I helped her mother complete. 

I absolutely love this pattern. 

It was inspired by  a Pinterest post 

It is a half string block. Endless

possibilities and variations. This is my 

third time trying to make one for

my own bed!  Babies and weddings 

win out and I just have to spread the quilty love!

Linking up with:


Design Wall Friday

Oh Scrap

RSC 2021

Design Wall Monday

Monday Makers

To Do Tuesday

Wednesday Wait Loss!







16 comments:

  1. Wedding quilts and baby quilts, you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those didn't go this year ,just within the last 2 1/2.
      Stay frosty!

      Delete
  2. You made beautiful quilts.
    OMG I can't image how is living under a low temperature like that.
    Stay warm and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is a challenge sometime. We treat it like and adventure!
      Glad you enjoyed my quilts! It is so much fun to here how much they are appreciate when that box arrives!

      Delete
  3. Stay warm. It is perfect quilting weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure is , a good movie or audio book to listen to and the day is complete.
      Lots of stitching! Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you ! I got a great call from my nephew last nite. His grad quilt arrived and he really liked it! Stay safe and sew! Merry Christmas too!

      Delete
  5. You have been SO busy!! I really like your rainbow string quilt! its so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful bunch of quilts! You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful quilts to give away to very lucky people! I too have a fondness for string quilts and I find yours inspiring. Take care now and enjoy this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too! We are definitely having a white Christmas. Stay safe and sew on !

      Delete
  8. What a great idea to add a matching baby quilt! I love that half string block. Did you just do your own, or did you find a pattern for it? I'll have to study your photo more closely, but you essentially sewed a light strip down the center, right?
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday, and I wish you'd share some of that frosty weather with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep , you can vary the width of the mid strip . For my large quilts , I use 1 1/2" in the middle - Block finishes at 7 1/2" for the baby size I use 1 " strip in the center-block finishes at 5". Have a safe and Happy Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea, to make a baby and bed quilt that match! These are all so pretty. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. Happy Almost New Year!

    ReplyDelete