Monday, April 5, 2021

Make some room!

Some days you just have to tidy up!

Seems I was a little over enthusiastic and 

got out more projects than I could do!

Workspace definitely needed a clean up and sort!

So... I assembled 4 of  the "Many Strips" for the APQ sew along.



They were all laid out on my block boards and 

taking up a lot of room. Somewhat defeating the purpose

of block boards! I made mine from a candy box 

a kind neighbor gifted us. 




Then I UFOed the Lady of the Meadow.  I am 

not sure if it is becoming green enough so off to 

marinate it goes. 



I did make sure the pattern was in the box. 

Tonight and this week I will be working on the Aliens 

and getting the setting pieces in place to turn it into a flimsy. 




Cobble stone alley and its variation will be in progress too. 

They will really clean up the scrap piles on the work table . 






So I can add in my weekly list also.

Last week I finished a few!

~ Chose  joining blocks for spiderweb~
~Make extra blocks to enlarge spiderweb X
~Trim square dance blocks~
~assemble Many Strips blocks for count X



I will finish up the two leftover items and get the 
cobblestone working to clear up the scraps. 


~ Chose  joining blocks for spiderweb~
~Trim square dance blocks~
~Plan and assemble a few cobblestone blocks~


Wish me luck , there may be frost 
still every morning but the 
afternoons are sunny and bright for 
sewing in the summer sewing room!



10 comments:

  1. There is so much quilty goodness in this post! Aliens is going to be gorgeous!

    Michelle,
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I hope it turns out as well as I imagine!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, we just have to take stock of what's on our sewing table. I hadn't heard about the APQ SAL. I'm off to find out more about that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots going on and they look sew fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. You almost have a finish there with Aliens! I need to make cleanup one of my To Do projects in the next week or two. It can get out of hand quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I make a move , I make a mess! But is fun to rediscover fabrics!

      Delete
  5. We had snow this evening! I love your Many Strips blocks, and how neat your projects are stored into boxes!
    Thank you for linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You got so much done during your clean up! Congratulations! Hmmm...I love your term: marinate! I may have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have things in hand now. I need to do better at corralling my project piles! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely room to sew in! Love all your projects...so scrappy and pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete