Sunday, April 11, 2021

I do love blues!

 It has been a busy week.

I've been trying to land those Aliens!.

I did find some time to work on

some blues and I have a lot of it.

Oh and did I add the blizzard?




And the batting pick up? And the airport run?

I am planning to catch up on all the months

of rainbow scraping by making a rainbow

row quilt with  crumb strips of each monthly colour.

A visit to the block bank and I hit pay dirt!!

I even found my layout plan from March 2019 ,

along with some orange parts from a Staircase quilt.




The paper used for foundation was still attached.

The meat flyer! Look at that turkey!




A white strip complementing all the colours

should make it a success.

Blue ones are in progress so that's a good start.



I really liked the look of the horizontal quilting on

Blues for Brothers so this

will be a good repeat of that plan.


I also found this great little pattern from McCall's 2006.

It definitely has potential.




A co-worker out East is  having a baby boy

in a few months so it's a perfect time

to  raid the block bank and make a

blue coloured quilt for the new arrival.

Three more blue family square and the top

will be complete.



 These little 1 ½” inch blue strip sets left over

from a long ago colour wash quilt needed a purpose.


There are so many! They should work well as 

a border around the colour blocks.

Here is a little mock-up! It really works! 




A little border of white and then 1 ½” inch blue

strip sets followed by a saucy

blue binding really does the trick!

Off we go into the wild blue yonder!

Stay safe and sew on!


Linking up to:


RSC 2021


Oh Scrap!


6 comments:

  1. Fun BLUE findings for the baby quilt that you want to make, Deb! I'm going to be looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Goodness knows, I've got SEW many pieces and parts leftover from any number of quilts! I am thrilled to find a good use for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just "discovered" a wealth of floral bricks in strips! I found a green and now I have a lap quilt center! It was great fun and may be the start of a reversible quilt for those ladies in BC!

      Delete
  2. Your mock up turned out very pretty - good color combinations. I love blue and gold together. Whatever you make with those scraps is bound to turn out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is so much fun when you find blocks that will sew up quickly. The work was already done! ( even tho I did the work ages ago, it still seems to make the project easy!)

      Delete
  3. Fun use of those leftover colorwash skinny strips! Nice photos of the snow. I'm sure it won't last long. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm weather is here! And those skinny strips are sewing up nicely. They will end up in three quilts I think! Fun all around!

    ReplyDelete