Friday, April 16, 2021

Distracted by Blues!



I really intended to clear off a scrap table,





but   I got distracted by blues and flowers!



 Looked in my 
Block bank and found 26 - 16 patch blocks !



They turned in to this!


and now this!
The center is together!


And now this , top done!


Then back to the scrap table and found a bunch of 
floral strips! ( see what I did there?)

Dug out some greens, enlisted the 
featherweight in the summer sewing room and ..




Voila!

Next a back for the blues and finish planning out  
the green floral.
Some goals for the coming week . 

I should add " Stay focused"!

I think this Blues for Baby is  
one of those drop everything
and make projects, I couldn't resist 
the call of the sixteen!
 

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with:










11 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun, fabulous quilts in the making, Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes , if one has the attention span of a gnat ,it is best to have lots of pretty places to land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your blue quilt- what a great use of all those blue squares, and the border is a nice touch. red binding would look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red would be nice! I will make sure to audition some! Thank you !

      Delete
  4. How handy to have a block bank! And I live what you did with the floral scraps and green strips, very pretty indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just have to figure out the ending ! Do I add the remaining floral pieces around the outside? Do I make another garden quilt? Decisions decisions!

      Delete
  5. Love how the blues turned into such a beautiful quilt with all sorts of fabrics in it for baby to look at. That's a great use for the floral fabrics too. Love the strippiness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you , it certainly is a fun little quilt! I am doing a flannel back with a center row of crumb blues to make the yardage wide enough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such inspiring ideas, if only my broken wwrist would heal so I could sew again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will just have to keep storing up ideas so you can make them all !
      Keep healing!

      Delete