Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Garden Bonanza

 Midsummer is well upon us and the garden is blooming 

and green.  Our little plot is entirely perennials with a 

tiny touch of annuals in pots. We have a shelter belt 

of pines across the back of the property and the acid 

is just not conducive to many vegetables.  Also,  a carefree

yard when we had four children at home was a must. 

I am going on about this only to show you my 

startling abundance of iris blooms this year. 

We lost 7 trees to time and drought and now 

the iris plants are loving the sun! 

A good bit of composted sheep manure didn't 

hurt either!



Just look at these beauties!

I seem to grow a lot of purple. The shade 

from trees and close suburban living make 

for limited options and a lot of greenery

has purple blooms.

Now back to quilting!!!

Remaking the old favorite that I've gifted, is the current must do! 

The mature wedding is in August so 

I need to get it underway.  

Finding the pattern was a challenge!

Luckily, my BB had a copy and forwarded it

on to get me going!!


I have made a few changes.  

The middle band is still 1 1/2" cut, but

I am upping the block size a 1/2 inch. 

The colors are not as easy to 

identify on the color sheet,

but I always relocate some colors anyway.

I think I may 

digitize the pattern one cold rainy night this summer. 

Meanwhile, I will soldier on and 

started with the month of June's color -blue.


Then dug out a pile of reds to get 

the sections started.  Then moved on to purple.


After that , I did up some browns.


Then I had to jump over to some purple and brown . 


Do you see what is happening here?

The quilt design leads you down a long,

road to other colors so the workroom does end up 

a  mess but is a scrap quilter's dream. 

I ended up with the red and purples.



A great start to this colorful quilt!

Have a great week stitching!

Stay safe  and sew on.

Linking up with:













15 comments:

  1. This one was one of my favorites too. It will make such a great wedding quilt. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/07/03/wednesday-wait-loss-387

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always welcomed as a gift! I so enjoy the linky parties!!

      Delete
  2. Never done quilting, but love it and admire people doing it.
    Thanks so much for participating and sharing at SSPS 317. See you again next week at #318 https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I certainly have fun perusing SSPS. So many ideas!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck with the wedding quilt, Deb. Happy AQUA stitching when you get around to that color for the RSC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I always do work better with a timeline! It is almost like a more achievable goal!

      Delete
  4. We are working on similar projects, but attacking them in very different ways. I can attest to the fact that my studio is not full of scraps other than the color I am working on. However, I currently have 8 stacks of half done blocks waiting for their companion color. I also have the complete blocks put away for when it is time to layout and stitch the blocks together. So much fun to see the different ways people approach their RSC quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is ! I always get inspiration and great ideas from other quilters!

      Delete
  5. So glad BB had your pattern. String quilts are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are!! So much fun I am making a copy on top of my duplicate! What the summer heat does to my brain is amazing!

      Delete
  6. Glad you found the pattern, Deb. I really love the quilt and I think the recipients will be well pleased!! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot and toasty here , great week for sewing !

      Delete
  7. Hi Deb, it's so lovely to see our gardens adapt to the space that they now have. I've got more shade but there's still enough sun for flowers. Have fun playing with your scraps! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, we do love our gardens. I really enjoy the perennials that make it much easier to have an enjoyable garden.

      Delete