Monday, April 8, 2024

Digging into the Design

Digging into the design wall on eclipse day!

Credit DW STEVENS

 The wall was really getting stacked up !


So off comes the color bombs for retreat sewing.  

I made enough for three small tops and the extra 1 1/2" strips

are nicely stored in designated drawers. 


The next layer is a twin log cabin 

that is waiting for a back and layering. 

It can move over to the flimsy storage 

rack with its twin!




That exposes the problem item, 

the result of a squirrel one cold

weekend.  It is a braid that got off 

track when I neglected to focus on 

the centerline! 


 I have a plan so I will 

pack it up to work on it sometime soon

The last two things on the design wall 

are more log cabin and waffle blocks. 

The waffle blocks are ongoing so no worries 

there but this is not another year of log cabins. 

The 8 blocks on the wall need to find a home . 


They are an assortment of colors left over from my 

brief foray into making a two sided quilt with 

log cabins on the back. 

Once I re-evaluated and found I already have 3 log cabin style in 

my collection, they weren't needed. So they will either:

1- go onto a quilt back to make it larger or

2-get mixed in with the last log cabin block stack to make 

a larger quilt. 

Hope you safely enjoyed the solar eclipse over North 

America!

Stay safe and keep those solar glasses on!

Linking up with : 

Design Wall Monday

Stitching Stuff

Monday Musings

Sew & Tell

To Do Tuesday

Wait Loss Wednesday

Midweek Makers 

Needle and Thread Thursday

Put Your Foot Down

Free Motion Mavericks

Off the Wall Friday 

Finished or Not Friday

Thank Goodness It's Finished!

RSC Saturday

Patchwork & Quilts








20 comments:

  1. It's nice to get all organized, isn't it? Love the sheer variety of scrappy blocks. So lovely! Those color bombs are my favorite. They just burst with color! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/07/wednesday-wait-loss-375

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color bomb block is a bit addictive but they will make great baby/child gifts! I do love you linky parties!

      Delete
  2. You have a very happy design wall and color bombs going off all over the place!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those color bomb such do burst with delight don't they!!

      Delete
  3. layers of design wall...that was fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was! When I start pinning I will be getting close to a great big quilting day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt as though I was on an archeological dig. Such fun to see all you have been working on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , I was trying to get to The Source! ( by James Michener)

      Delete
  6. Wow, lots of wonderful scrappy quilts happening here! I've been wanting to make a braid quilt, but a bit worried about getting it off track, I can see how that could happen. Good luck with the fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be digging into it right after the quilt show our guild is having! Who knew there was so much work to displaying some quilts!

      Delete
  7. Lots of scrappy goodness happening on your design wall. Everything looks great. I really love that braid quilt. Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly have loyal going on there! How exciting to be part of eclipse day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eclipse was fun here but more fun in Eastern Canada! Now I have a design wall
      on top of the design wall! Always fun in the sewing room!

      Delete
  9. How fun to look at your layered design wall ;)) A lot of beautiful layers by the way! I love the strings blocks, and the chevrons. These log cabin blocks are going to make beautiful backings, or a new quilt. It's fun to have 3 log cabin quilts at home!
    Thank you so much for sharing your amazing design wall with P&Q!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! There is now another design wall on top for a workshop this week.
      I couldn't take down the cheveron without having a solution for its problem!!

      Delete
  10. Looks like you got a lot of things organized and know what's next for each. Hope this week has been as productive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb, some times it's good to see what's underneath the pile! Those are great. Congrats on your progress and thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been raiding my ufo blocks to make placemats that my guild distributes. It's a win-win for me and the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful array of scrappy quilts, Deb. You've done well to tame your scraps it seems. I have gotten a couple of ideas for how to use mine. Happy Stitching from me!

    ReplyDelete