Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Clean and Designing

 Wow, sometimes inspiration just hits. 

I got very tired of my too small and oh so 

thready design wall and needed to replace it.


While putting fresh towels in the bathroom, I 

stumbled across a comforter bag containing 

the last of a bolt of too stiff and too narrow 

needle punch batting.  Purchased from a 

store closing clearance, it was supposed to 

be a double width cotton but turned out to 

be  a narrow compact craft bat.  I used it 

for everything but quilting.  Some was gifted 

for fabric bowls, some used as mattress covers, 

table matts and even some window insulation 

during a cold snap.  

There was just enough left to almost cover 

a larger space for a design wall. It will get 

a bit more tacky as it is used but for now it 

is clean and tidy and a few well placed pins 

hold the blocks up nicely. Pinned in place 

with some unused lady bug pins it looks wonderfully 

white. Ta da! So beautiful and crisp! 




 

I will use my smaller gridded design sheet to start 

planning my Gypsy quilt made of orphan blocks. 

The first quilts have gone up on the new design wall 

and the blocks are now up in the 

summer sewing room for assembly. 

All pinned and ready to stitch !


 

The was not quite a Marie Kondo rid out but 

definitely a repurpose save!


Stay safe and tidy!


No comments:

Post a Comment