Sunday, May 1, 2022

Breaking into the Block Vault!

 What a great trip we had to the warm south! 

 


We did return to snowy weather tho.


 Snow makes a great day to break into the block

bank and stitch up all these blocks

that have been waiting for way too long

There are enough star blocks to combine 

with 5 x 5 blocks to make a wonderful 

 bunch of  children's quilts. 

4 blocks x 4 blocks  will make a nice 40" finished quilt. 



A few of the blocks laid out really

look nice so I am excited to get

them in the works!




So, a bit of time traveling and here we are!
Three lovely little tops ready and a few
scraps into the quiltverse to fulfill their dreams!

The first top was red made from block made
in January on a super focused sew day. 




Next was a very impressive blue top . 
I trimmed my squares this time and found
there wasn't a lot to trim off. 
That is a bit of edification, yay me!


The four star squares in the red looked a little lonely 
so I added few more in this top and really like the look. 






My star pile appears to have regenerated over night tho.
 


Then, finally the pink.   
 I felt I over did last year and used more pink than
a well known makeup convention but still found 
more pink scraps in the bins/bags. 
 I did have to make up some 5 x 5 blocks 
to show off these stars.


A sewing friend even
helped out by sending me some of her pinks!



This little top turned out to be the star! The colors
flow nicely together and it is a joy to look at .



There are quite a few blocks to be liberated yet. 
Thirty red 5 x 5 blocks, twelve orange 5 x 5 s, 
and a gorgeous yellow stars & blocks is 
emerging on the design wall. 
Looks like some sew days ahead!
Great goal would be to quilt these up!
A big spring rabbit came by and dove 
down the hole of cutting and binding!
That is for the next post! 
Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :





 










7 comments:

  1. My! Your sewing machine must be smoking! So many blocks. Lovely layout. Enjoy the finishing stage. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, my little feather weight was humming! The more I sew the more I find tho! Yikes, and of course I still have more red blocks and the orange and yellow pile!

      Delete
  2. Doesn't it feel great to get those long languishing quilt block all sewn up into a quilt. Or several quilts, in your case. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It is a great feeling! Of course a few of my sewing buddies were infected making the wonky star blocks, so they are getting inspired to stitch them into tops too!

      Delete
  3. You have some gorgeous blocks in that vault! Lol on the Mary Kay reference. :D What pretty quilts, and they look great with those well placed stars. Looking forward to the yellows.
    Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy wow, look at you go! Those are all so scrap-happy! Glad you were able to get some place warm too! Sure does help to soak it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful set of quilts! Great use of all your star blocks.

    ReplyDelete