Sunday, August 22, 2021

Design wall cleanup!

 My design wall is 

temporarily empty so I 

am going to try to clean it!

 (Sorry, no dirty picture here!?!)

First up are the tapes. 

The packing tape and 

painters tape were both a bust. 



 They seem to pick up

more of the flannel than the threads.

Then I tried picking it off

but the life is too short for that.

Next I tried a small brush. 

This is actually a surgical brush 

the nurses used on my boy's hair

when he was born. 

(Yes now an antique!)



It worked a bit better.

Inspired, I found a retired

boar bristle brush. 



It worked very well! Ta Da ! 

 

An almost pristine design wall!


                    Oddly enough, the bargain table clothes that 

I use for additional design walls are easier to clean!

Maybe the lower quality flannel on them 

doesn't hold the threads as well!

Good success and ready

 to fill those design walls!

Stay safe and sew on!





No comments:

Post a Comment