Friday, May 28, 2021

Out to sea!

 Well , it is complete!

Sail on is quilted and bound and

just waiting for a label! 

On the To do for this coming

week :

Labels, labels , labels!

One for the sail boat, 

two for the florals, 

three for the future 

and four for the float!

I make some generic labels 

so those will be " for the float". 

I put a kind thought on my 

charity quilts and I have a great 

idea for my rainbow quilt label 

It is actually up for the next 

pinning session! 

Back to the finish tho!

The Sail on quilt has some 

theme quilting. Sand on the bottom

with some random ovals. 


The quilting  shows much better in the photo of the back. 

Then waves in the ocean to sail on. 


The shore has some trees and 

further in some houses for the village. 

Then finally in the sky some piles of 

clouds with a hint of sun.



 It was fun to 

do and even tho I am not the most skilled

FMQ ( I seem to get really adept by the time I am 

finished with the quilt!), it turned out well. 




And the flip side!



Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :

Can I get a Whoop Whoop!

Off the Wall Friday!

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday!

Finished of Not Fridays!

Stitch , Sew and Show!

Needle and Thread Thursday!

Put Your Foot Down






8 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful quilt and now I want to go sailing. Lol. Beautiful quilt and quilting. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I can feel those waves rolling... ;-) (I'm neither fond of or adept at FMQ, preferring to admire everyone else's work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each quilt you work on gives. you skills for the next - design/fabric choices/piecing and finally quilting. You did a great job on your quilting. Thank you for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt! They say if you practice every day the FMQ gets easier. If I would just do that, maybe I would be able to do an entire quilt with FMQ. Instead I wimp out and pull out my trusty walking foot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, congratulations on your finished quilt. I love those waves! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finish, I love the blues. Is this pattern from Quilt Fabrication?

    ReplyDelete