Monday, August 12, 2024

Success & Progress!

 A busy week past and another to begin!

Remember my deadline a few weeks ago?

Well, I finished with days to spare!! Yay me!

It turned out beautifully and the label is a copy 

of the wedding invitation.  

I like to add it to wedding quilts, 

since the invites are beautiful and we usually either don't 

keep them or look at them after the big day. 

Angling the corners of labels has been 

working out very well and decrease the frustration

felt when I tried to push out the corners. 


It makes the labels a bit more interesting too!




This could be the beginning of something, 

duplicate quilts every time?  Two for the price of one? 

Twins?  I think not!!! It was almost the same amount of work 

but the scrap piles only had to be com-piled  

(see what I did there) once!

There were piles everywhere!



This did instigate a little organizing of bits and 

squares of the rainbow colors. The separated colors worked
 
very well for finishing up the stash buster quilt tops!







So the stash report had a big boost today !!

I managed to finish up binding on a third quilt so I 

can adjust my numbers!

Here is how I count my progress:

baby size-  3 meters
twin size- 6 meters
Queen size- 11

So, since I finished 1 twin sized quilt, 

and 2 queen sized quilts, I can add 27 meters to 

my fabric used this year!!! Woot woot for me!



So that will make the stash report this week :

Fabric Purchased: 0 m

Used since last report  27 m 

Fabric In to date: 25.5 m

Use to date 2024 : 69 m

Scraps in : 2 m

Scraps out : 0 m

Big Batch donation : 60 m (June) 

Net Fabric in YTD:  3 m


I did have a lovely lunch date today and 

as often happens, I received a nice bag of 

scraps !  That will add a bit to the total in 

but wowzer, I do love scraps!




They are all ready cut into strips and ready for stitching! 

Have a great week!

Linking up with : 

















10 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea, using the wedding invitation as a quilt label! Congrats on your beautiful finish, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is good to get things finished up!!

      Delete
  2. Love that you used the invitation as the quilt label. Great idea! And makes the quilt all that more precious. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/14/wednesday-wait-loss-393

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It also helps when you creative juices are low and you can't think of a goo label! Love the linky !

      Delete
  3. What a great idea using the wedding invitation! I love scraps too and yours turned out beautiful. I keep meaning to use Lori Holt's organization method for scraps but I haven't started yet. It's a video on You Tube. Your new scraps look luscious too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think I will ever get tired of new scraps!

      Delete
  4. Fun and clever idea for the label! Well done sorting all these scraps, and receiving a new bag 😉

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're a genius. Using their own invitation card for the label is pure genius. Congrats for finishing it with days to spare. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it was a great feeling to finish ahead of schedule!

      Delete