Monday, August 12, 2024

Quilts and My History

 Labels, labels, labels.  We get reminded 

always to label our quilts but lately I 

find I only label who receives the quilts,

not who made the quilt ,where ,why ,basically 

the five w s that provide the whole history.

Everyone has their own way of recording 

progress thru life and on our quilting road. 

My BB has a detailed sheet on each of 

her creations.  A newly minted quilter

was so ambitious, he was labeling each 

of his with a lifetime number!!

My most prolific quilting buddy and also 

my morning walking partner, sends her 

many donation quilt out to spread joy by 

labeling them "Love From" with her name

written on a corner triangle. 

My quilts get a label when they are given, 

no real label when they are donated and 

the ones I keep are labeled when I am forced 

to label them for a show.  

Recently on the Stash Buster page, I saw one

that had a number for this year,  "Quilt 16".

I think that might be doable for me. 

Little iron on labels are now going 

on my donation quilts:



My excel tracking sheet is getting to seem like just 

another chore and I'd much rather be sewing than 

tracking which quilts need what.  My UFO s should be

moving, or aging and becoming delightful surprise to 

be discovered as a treasure on a snowy winter day. 

A rethink has made me come up with a few more small 

iron labels of my own. 

Here is a starter list:

a quilt name, maker, year and location made.

a small iron on when the quilt is in a show,

 

maybe even a label if displayed at a guild 

(could prevent the opps I showed it again  problem!)

Have great week and label everything!








 


No comments:

Post a Comment