Monday, August 26, 2024

Different is Better Too

  It turned out to be a very different weekend for me.

No change in my stash report but lots of interesting

things to do.

 One of my quilting groups had a weekend

potluck craft day and we tried

our hand at needle turn applique.

 I've done some applique but it usually

ends up one of those projects

that never gets completed.

I don't have the patience for it.

We had a wonderful time learning this new technique

To my surprise it was also new to many of

the other attendees. We all had fun learning together.



It is from a beautiful book by Ari Rossmann.

The blocks will all be combined once we meet again make them even more delightful with embroidery accents.


The weekend also involved some mending.

Many quilters get annoyed when people ask them to mend something because it's not exactly quilting.


 A little bit of backstory. We have a passel of children.

As they were growing up we let them or encouraged them to be adventurous by taking them camping, doing DIY projects with them building things, taking things apart and generally having a lot of fun.

So they grew up to be adventurous souls.

 One son went biking with a group and unfortunately had an equipment malfunction. He told us he was going 42km/hr and the bike stopped but he didn't.

 His outfit took a some damage, as did he.

The cycling uniform is from a ride in Jasper Alberta.

The town site has since had fire damage so I was

asked to mend the uniform

since another ride there may be far in the future.



 I sourced some suitable fabric and spent the better

part of the day mending.

It actually turned out well. Not my favorite sewing but I think I salvaged the uniform and it can go on to ride another day.

 


The uniform does have a beautiful jacket.




Stay safe and ride with caution!

Linking up with:






2 comments:

  1. Good job, mending the uniform. Hope your son got patched up to ride another day, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, he's off this weekend to Vancouver for another Fondo!

      Delete