Monday, August 26, 2024

The Logs are Piling Up!

The last of the log cabin flimsies are finishing 

up so that makes me only 6 months behind. 

I have finished many this year but three more 

are on the chair waiting for quilting or binding!



A few colors are missing from the 

R O Y G B I V 

of the rainbow!

The Red is waiting for quilting.

I did not get to an orange log cabin quilt 

and I'm a bit sad about it, maybe this winter?!

There was a saucy yellow one and 2 green quilts to 

follow it up. One blue and 1 purple quilt finished the 

acronym but there were also 3 pink ones and 2 multicolored 

that went out the door to Zebra and other good homes. 

There are 3 left to finish up so that would make a 

baker's dozen of  log cabins. I will call 2023 a 

log cabin success. You can see them all over on

the right side of the page under 2024 Finishes. 

Only 1 yellow quilt didn't get into the photo shoot

It was just captured as a pair. 



I haven't completed many of my real UFOs 

but I think the crazy log cabins should count. 

So, if I am counting those, which I am , 

the UFO count for the year so far is :

3 crazy log cabins,

2 rainbow scraps string, 

(1 gifted quilt replaced and a spare made)

the thrifted triangle square was quilted,

 bound and donated .

Last but not least the baby 

pineapple was complete with its

challenging satin border well before the 

baby shower, so the total is 7!

Yay me!

A quick review of the, "What is that?"

pile, yielded a few projects for an 

upcoming sewing weekend and possibly 

fall retreats. 

Here is the list :

      ~one flannel teddy bear shaped quilt to stitch up



~this lovely  16 patch pile to do something with,


~Square dance  blocks to join

~curved nine patch

Some of the items I have as UFOs

are imposters and not really started, just 

compiled.  They may be getting repurposed to 

make way for other things. 

There are still lots of months left in the 

year to do Irish Chains too.

I may start adding some orphan blocks

into the background areas to change things up.

There are still 5 stash buster Irish Chains

to quilt up and 3 tops languishing on the 

workroom quilt station that 

would love a stitching good time!!

So this can be my next goal to 

get some of these completed!

Looks like I have some retreat items ready to go.

Stay safe and sew on! 

Linking up with : 

Design Wall Monday

Monday Musing

OMG

Salon Pit Stop

To Do Tuesday

Midweek Makers

Wait Loss Wednesday

Put Your Foot Down

Needle & Thread 

Free Motion Mavericks

Off the Wall Friday

From Bolt to Beauty

Finished or Not Friday

Friday Foto Fun

RSC 2024

Patchwork & Quilts 

Oh Scrap!

Life in Pieces 


18 comments:

  1. Shew!!! That is a lot!! and yes - all quilts count - however you want to count them. The real question tho - how is your scrap stash doing? you have made so many cool quilts - is it still full?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bursting, they seem to multiply!! Thank you ! We do love our colors don't we!

      Delete
  2. WoW! What a wonderful pile of logs..LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of logs for sure! Now I have lots of Irish Chains to sew up!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing all your 2024 finishes! When doing your log cabins did you have a pattern or just made up your own, what size strips do you like to use for them? They remind me of court house steps too. And OMG your pineapple quilt is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes , the courthouse steps is the log cabin style pattern I used . Quiltville has a free pattern. The only measuring is the initial center square and the finish block size!

      Delete
  4. I admire quilters. Awesome work.
    Thank you for popping over and for participating and sharing at SSPS 325 and also for the mention of SSPS. See you again next week at #326 https://esmesalon.com/tag/seniorsalonpitstop/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I truly enjoy the fantastic variety on SSPS!

      Delete
  5. Repurposed UFOs count too! LOL I'm sure I've NEVER done that in the past! LOL Your log cabin quilts look lovely in their chair! I like the Courthouse Steps block you are using! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It started out with a block party ! So much fun , you have a great week too!

      Delete
  6. What wonderful projects, Deb! Congratulations on making such good progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it feels good to make some progress.

      Delete
  7. You're doing great. My curiosity is piqued by the teddy bear shaped quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll get it completes soon and you can see!

      Delete
  8. So many wonderful projects to work on! It'll be fun watching these get stitched up. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/27/wednesday-wait-loss-395

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your ideas of what you want to do in the next few months would take me the better part of a decade. Kudos to you and go for it! I love your monochromatic log cabin quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Deb, congrats on your log cabin finishes and good luck getting them all done! Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congratulations on your fabulous numbers! I love your log cabin quilts, and for sure, an orange one is missing ;)) Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete