Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Rainy Day Motivation

 It is a rainy and snowy  day here in Alberta, 

so a perfect time to make a list and get 

some projects completed. 

First, finish up the quilting on a charity piece.

Our guild ties many of the charity quilts but 

I like to bring the extras home and quilt them 

up on my domestic. 

Here is a wonderful flock of flyimg geese.


Credit goes to quild 

members who made the delightful top and 

pieced a very nice blue backing. 



This was quilted up with a giant wave to help the 

geese fly off into the sky !

Next, I am tackling a baby quilt to match

my DD's wedding quilt.  





There were few 

false starts but it will have a satin edge and 

a cute sheep backing!

  I can't wait to get it completed!

If all that gets underway today, I 

will work on two color bombs.



 One is off to a neighor's new arrival. 

The other will go to charity fund raising. 

Just overlook all the bags in the back for the 

quilt show.  I didn't realize I seem to 

be packing up my sewing room!! Who knew!


Stay safe and sew on!

Linking up with:

Monday Musings

Design Wall Monday

Monday Sew & Tell 

To Do Tuesday

Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers

Put Your Foot Down

Needle & Thread Thursday

Finished or Not Friday

Off the Wall Friday

Gone Stitching

TGIFF

Foto Finish

Free Motion Mavericks

RSC 2024

Patchwork & Quilts

Oh Scrap!

Stitching Stuff












9 comments:

  1. Always such fun scrappy projects going on here. We're getting lots of rain as well--great for sewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I am a bit Scrap Crazy. Happy sewing!

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than a good rainy day for motivation ;)) I love how you quilted these pretty flying geese, and this satin binding is going to be very elegant!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wavy lines are a great way to quilt the flying geese. I have to ask......making a baby sized version of your daughter's wedding quilt, is a new baby on the way? How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting on the flying geese turned out beautifully. The pineapple block quilt looks good too, lots of accurate piecing on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pineapple quilt. Rainy days are great to get things moving inside! Looking forward to seeing what you do next! Thanks for sharing with us at Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainy days are so perfect for sewing! Love the pineapple quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've had some surprising rain the last few days. But we definitely need it and it's a good reason to stay indoors and stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb, that's lovely quilting on the Flying Geese quilt. I've never bound a quilt with satin but I remember having a wool blanket with satin stitching on one side. I remember that my mother had to replace it a few times :-) Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete