Thursday, September 29, 2022

Sew Much Fun

Well, the first retreat post pan went 

wonderfully and we are almost to 


time!

Here is what I managed to sew up!

The red postage stamp has a bright zinger

of a border and needs only 8 more squares to 

be  a complete flimsy!



The yellow granny square blocks were stitched up 

with borders added to two sides. That makes them 

almost ready for assembly. 



Really fun but confusing were my lovely pineapple blocks. 

After misreading the ruler, it seems my daughter's wedding

quilt was more of a reverse pineapple with the white looking

more like the pineapple portion. So they turned out like this:



They were supposed to be this:



Thank you to my Dr. DIL for the samples. She is doing a 

wonderful pineapple with a dark grey background and may blend the two types of squares. 

After some rework, 

I successfully created quite a few pineapple blocks!

Yay!

Another retreat is coming up so I am packing up projects.  Two tops 

managed to find their way to the longarmer yesterday so I am really 

moving through September with flying fall colours!

Colours mean RSC and my final two colours were 

stitched up over the weekend. 


These will be joining their fellows and be ready for 
a unique border of some sort.  One will definitely 
be remaining in residence. The other is as yet, without a home!?
I am fairly certain an occasion will arise! 

Stay safe and sew on !
Linking up with :






7 comments:

  1. Oh there's always an occasion for which a quilt is the perfect present! You got a lot projects done--looks like a great retreat. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great retreat! And chatting about retreats in some zoom meetings has certainly pulled out some interesting retreat stories!!

      Delete
  2. I love all of your fun projects, but where oh where did you find that beautiful pretzel? I need to order a few. San / gypsyquilterdesigns@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.dasbrezelhaus.com/ They are oh so tasty too! Our offspring are off to Octoberfest and surprised us all with a themed dinner evening including these wonderful Pretzels!!

      Delete
  3. Gosh that looks like an amazing time!!! You got a TON done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did but my ufo list doesn't seem that much shorter!! Happy Quilting!

      Delete
  4. I luv all of them,I've been catching up on my little house blocks ,where has the time gone? LoL

    ReplyDelete