Sunday, September 19, 2021

Working for the weekend!

 Great weekend in the making!

Sew day, cool weather, lots 

of fabric! 

My to do for the next while 

is heavy on organizing and

moving things along. 

List for the week:

          1. layout block chain
          2. hang flimsies
          3. finish quilting up big ole strings 
          4. work on some waffle blocks
          5. add white to RSC confetti blocks
Here are some pics of my tasks for the week!

Block chain is a take off on the Bitcoin
quilts that have increased in popularity 
lately.(see what I did there?)
Some 2" strips needing a home, so 
I sewed them up and have a pile to 
layout. 



Next up: my flimsies have been living
on a bench in the workroom. 


 Turns out
there is an  almost empty closet I can 
use to organize those piles into 
a nice wrinkle free vault of tops.




The big ole strings is well on 
its way to completion but still 
under the needle. 



Unfortunately , my waffle blocks
have managed to spread themselves
out all over my small sewing room. 
I have a nice big mess to clean up!



When I get most of that list done, 
I can work on my rainbow scrap challenge 
blocks. 

All in all , a very busy time coming up!
So stay safe and sew on !


Linking up with:





3 comments:

  1. Love the tops on hangers. To be organized is to be efficient. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great to be able to see tops waiting to quilt? Suggestions to make life easier: 1- measure the quilt and write the size down on a piece of paper and pin it to the quilt -- (It's better to pin it on after it's folded on the hanger -- can't tell you how many times I've had to unpin and repin the info!) 2 - keep a list of what's in the closet. I happen to do it in a spreadsheet which I print out periodically and hang on my bulletin board so I can easily see what's waiting to be quilted. Truth now -- I haven't cleaned up my list and reprinted in probably 9 month. But both of these help a lot. Keep up the good work on the cleaning and organizing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Minds! I too have a spread sheet, I even categorized it by size. I like the
      idea of printing it off tho. And adding the sizes to the hangers. They are currently listed hardcopy but on the hangers would be better! Great tips! Thank you !

      Delete