Sunday, September 19, 2021

Kon -do my reno!

  So our  clean and sort dance is moving along.

The recent item out of the list-jar

was my upstairs makeup and

toiletries drawer .

Yikes!

 I know  many of us have

a bit of a Jones for makeup

supplies and facial care especially

as we age and those

wrinkles just won't stay away!



I am so guilty of this,

I always tend to look at the makeup and

lotions on sale. 

To justify myself, I do use a lot.

My province is very dry and

we all should up our moisturizing quotient,

both men and women.

I even have my MOMD ( Man of my dreams)

consistently using  moisturizer everyday!

 1st I dumped everything out of the drawer.

Then I sorted by usage.

This works best for getting things

organized and actually making decisions.

If I categorise, then I can ridout

without feeling so guilty and

vacillating over every individual.


Also, I am big compiler.

I put like creams with like creams.



We always seem to end up with

duplicates of everything and

that always makes our storage unruly.

 I do indeed cut open tubes of things

to get out the last little bit.



It's just my frugal nature.

The cleanout went pretty well!

I've got the items I use every day

in a nice wicker box,

backup supplies are tucked in a drawer,

out of the way but still available what I want them.


     I even discarded some unused and

not going to be used items

to cut down on the clutter.

 Big news is, I removed my daily supplies

from the countertop and it now lives in a drawer.

Makes the bathroom look much cleaner!

 Since doing the bathroom counters

is part of our upcoming rental it's

nice to have that sorted and consolidated.



So the reno is stalled . Mainly due to a
jaunt to BC and indecision , but one
item is complete.


Two beautiful new garage doors!

Keep tidy!







No comments:

Post a Comment