Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Light 'em Up! Color Everywhere!

 Mother Nature gave us some spectacular views last week.

So I just have to show a few picture of our evening skies!



This dome of color formed directly overhead. 

These were very similar to the display I 

remember from a cold October night

beside a huge oak tree in my Michigan back yard!


Due North over the big city. 

We do get a lot of light pollution from the city of Edmonton.

The pictures that have the pinks and 

pale greens are taken with a night exposure of 6 seconds

on a basic smartphone.

The display of that night however was so 

strong and so vibrant that the pictures below 

were taken with minimal exposure 

time and just normal shots with  a phone a phone



The shots through the trees makes
 
me understand how people could think of 

extra-terrestrials in a less enlightened time.

Can you imagine waking up and seeing

 glowing green lights through the trees?



Many of us Northerners can remember growing up,

And getting called out to the backyard 

wearing our pajamas to look up at the Flaming Skies.

Just back week did remind me of the Vivid displays

I saw in Michigan in the fall.

It isn't just the leaves that come alive 

when the weather gets cold.

Scientifically, temperature 

has nothing to do with the northern lights displays.

Those are just some times I remember 

watching the Northern Lights.

So is that in mind let's talk a little bit about other colors.

Has anyone noticed the delightful colors 

that are available on modern  sewing machines? 

I saw one last week on a quilting show 

that was teal and greens.

It was absolutely wonderful to see,

and was a name brand machine.

That trend seems to translate itself right into sewing tools.

I can see pink rotary cutter, a yellow rotary cutter 

(classic  Olfa colour) and a pink and blue ergonomic  cutter,

without moving from my chair.

Yes that also indicates I need to tidy up my sewing area!



It is truly a rainbow in the work room!

Scissors of course have come in a multitude 

of colors almost forever.

I have blue ones, black ones and even one pair

 of iridescent mini scissors!



These little ones were left behind at a sew day!

 I have to pick up them up this morning. 

Their usual home is on a hook on the side 

of my Elna quilting Queen.


Have a great week sewing and enjoy 

the rainbows in your sewing room!




2 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos. Enjoyed them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! Northern lights always make me believe in magic!

      Delete