Monday, May 13, 2024

Tally Ho!

 Yes, last week was my late Mother's birthday and Derby day!

The tally I'm referring to is really stash and quilts. 

Each week I attempt to count up my ins and outs sewing wise 

and it is always a great lesson in getting things done. 

I've learned to make more decisions instead of going with 

the flo and letting things proceed as they like. 

Anywho, this week was more restful after our guild show and 

entertaining with province wide show a few hours distant. 


I had a shopping list, small things but necessary. 

First a little LED light for my featherweight.  These little LEDs

don't heat up and provide great litghting.  Since the old singers 

are push and turn type lights, they are readily available without 

too much ordering or sourcing required!

I'm dealing up some 45mm blades from Ormkraft for a 

few friends not going to the show.  The blades are of pretty good

quality and the price is right !Just over 2 CAD per blade. We all 

do love to cut with a nice sharp blade. Tuens out the vendor 

wasn't at the show!  I ordered them online for them 

so they should arrive shortly. 

Now, I am re-evaluating my flying geese ruler.  

I saw a wing clipper the other day and it is very slick.  

I will stitch up a few geese today and 

see if the one I have is as whiz bang as I thought!

Well, an update on the Central Alberta show and the stash!

Succumbed to a deal and got 36 1/4 meters for 30 dollars! Wowzer!

I shared some out so only 24 1/4 meters in.

Also scored some great varigated thread, 


a pair of tweezers for saving my fingers, 

a bobbin saver  for my extras, 

got my featherweight lights, 

and avoided another ruler!  


So mystash  totals look like this!

Fabric In: 22.5 m

Fabric out this week: 0 meters

Use to date: 18 m

Net Fabric In this year: 24.5 m

The numbers  went up but I am okay 

with that. The show was great, quilts beautiful

and friends were wonderful to see. 

More stitching planned for this week and 

lots of ideas buzzing around in my head.

Oh and head over to A Favorite Find 

to see a great new binding tool

from SEWCLEVER!


Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :

Sunday Stash report 

Design Wall Monday

Monday Musings

Monday Sew & Tell

Midweek Makers

Wait Loss Wednesday

Needle & Thread Thursday

Put Your Foot Down 

Free Motion Mavericks

Off the Wall Friday

Finished or Not Friday

So Scrappy

Oh Scrap!

Sew & Tell

Monday Musings

Design Wall Monday





6 comments:

  1. I got a dozen blades on amazon for $10. They have foreign markings, but work great. Glad you found a good deal on them too. We do go thru a lot of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even have a tin of used ones. In a pinch I try to reuse them but they just wont cut it! I will steel myself to recycle them some day!

      Delete
  2. What a great week! Looks like you found some great things to add to your sewing supplies and stash. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/05/15/wednesday-wait-loss-380

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Now I have to make a list for quilt Canada , our big national quilt show!

      Delete
  3. Hi Deb, it sounds like you were very wise in your purchases at the show. It's always so hard to resist :-) Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks11

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the tractor fabric! The bobbin savers are nice to have and I like the multiple rows on yours, mine is just a single row. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete