Monday, March 25, 2024

Who made this?

It appears I have been falling behind in 

my labeling.  All my entries for the quilt show

are without labels so I had to get busy and make 

some information for the backs.  

I pulled out the drawer of small fancy

blocks that have been collecting for some time. 


A friend who gave me most of them,

does fine hand work and gifted me the 

spares from her Dear Jane project. 

The rest are leftovers from my

projects and surprises that 

I find in the scrap goodies friends gift me. 

Using some of the 1 1/2" strips I had  out 

for my RSC project, I bordered up some 

squares and added them to the labels. 



It is almost like making another quilt 

for the back.  I also get to enjoy my friend's 

fine handwork whenever I use the quilt!

It has been a good reminder to keep up 

on my labeling but it was a very pleasant

day making little tiny quilts. 

Stay safe and sew on!

Linking up with :

Design Wall Monday

Monday Musings

To Do Tuesday 

Wait Loss Wednesday 

Midweek Makers

Needle & Thread Thursday

Free Motion Mavericks

Put Your Foot Down

Finished or Not Friday

Foto Finish

Off the Wall Friday

One Monthly Goal

Sew & Tell

Oh Scrap

RSC 2024




14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If you don't how will our great greats know, "Who made this ?"

      Delete
  2. Great way to use up orphan blocks and the blocks you've been gifted! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/27/wednesday-wait-loss-373

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you print your labels on special fabric? Do you have a tutorial or quick steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a paper backed cotton printable page. It is by Jacquard and I purchase mine in an art shop! The say " InkJetPrinting for use with inkjet printer and Inkject copiers. I have found it does fade after many many washings but it seems to work
      okay for me. Some people use a bubble jet prep product to prepare basic cotton for printing.

      Delete
  4. Deb, I love the idea of tiny quilts to go along with your labels! I must remember that! Thanks for sharing that. Thanks for linking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea! Like you, I usually find myself doing binge-labeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, your little blocks with your labels is so darn clever. I'd be interested in how you make your labels too -- at least it looks like they are printed. Maybe you could share some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounding like I may do a post on them. I just finished printing some generic, ( not fancy) labels for the quilts I will gift later. They just needed to be identified for a quilt show.

      Delete
  7. Hi Deb, I tend to forget about adding a label if I'm not giving it away too! I love using or even making a little block to add to the label. I've gotten lazy over the last few year but these look so much better. Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I do use a commercial, premade label . They are great for last minute things or even to dress up a charity quilt!

      Delete
  8. That is a clever idea. Labels are something I never remember. Thank you for linking up to Put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often don't label until we are forced!! Either quilt show or a gift!!Thank you for hosting a great linky party.!

      Delete