Monday, February 5, 2024

Pineapples are Always Welcome

Diving into the UFO corner for a retreat 

project, I landed on the pineapples!





I so love this block and what a surprise, 

there were a large number of complete blocks 

in the box!  When I discovered the partner

box with white strips, batiks to use and 

plenty of both, it was Sahara all over again,

minus the sand and the heat but there was a

good looking love interest nearby so, success!

(That's just a reference to being stranded with nowhere to go

and having something to work with!)

The ruler from Creative grids really makes this

project a delight, although

attention to cutting lines is crucial. 

I cut and I sewed and repeated that a lot and tada!

A completed top for display. It did season awhile and one bright 

afternoon, I dug thru my box of large yardage, (say that 

3 times fast), and found a grand, mottled bright print.

I store my larger pieces of fabric in a bin under my 

work table  There is a sheet protector with a snippet 

or piece of selvage of each fabric and 

a note of yardage on top of the bin. 




This way, there is no digging required to find a great fabric  

and I know without exploration if I have something suitable.

The fabric on the upper left of the second picture above, 

made the cut and off to the quilter it went. 

This quilt will go into my Cozy Quilt Collection. 

The other pineapple I finished was a wedding quilt

for my daughter. There are a few extra blocks left from 

this quilt project that can go into a matching quilt when 

an addition to the family arrives this coming summer. 

While sorting my binding during the recent declutter, 

I even found a packet of satin binding!


It is a fun block to do but a bit time consuming.  

I think that makes it a perfect project!

Happy stitching. Stay safe and sew on!!


Linking up with :

Design Wall Monday

Monday Musing

Monday Sew & Tell

Monday This & That!

To Do Tuesday #60

Midweek Makers

Wednesday Wait Loss

Free Motion Mavericks

Put Your Foot Down

So Scrappy

Patchwork & Quilts

Oh Scrap!



 





28 comments:

  1. It looks like that pineapple quilt is going to be gorgeous. I've never tried one with a specialty ruler -- just paper pieced. It's doubtful I'll ever make another one although I do see it as a great way to use strips. Thanks for the hint about putting the hint about keeping a snippet and the amount of fabric on the top of the bin for larger pieces of fabric. I may have to figure out how to incorporate that into my fabric storage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful. I had wanted to make them for years and had several failed attempts with paper piecing and measuring till my brain was exploding . The ruler made all the difference for me. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  2. Great way to organize your scraps! Your pineapple blocks are wonderful. I've had the ruler for some time, but still haven't gotten around to making any blocks. You've inspired me to dig it out and use some scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have fun with the pineapple blocks. They are a bit addictive.

      Delete
  3. The pineapple blocks make great scrappy quilts. My favorite! :) Thank you for sharing in my Sew & Tell party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pineapple blocks - so fun and colorful! I should invest in one of those rulers - I would love to make a quilt with that block. Sounds like you're all set for a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have enough blocks for a baby quilt too. I do a set for new parents if I haven't made a wedding quilt for them. My daughter has the one from her wedding so I get to make a baby quilt match, lots of fun!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love pineapple blocks! I made a quilt with them once a very long time ago... yours is going to be so beautiful! Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That and I hope you have a great week! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your site , I will be visiting often.

      Delete
  6. Love your pineapple quilt! Reminds me I have a pineapple UFO to quilt. I've never tried that special ruler, mine is paper pieced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was finally successful with the ruler. I tried many before but most were measure, measure, measure and very tedious.

      Delete
  7. I agree the pineapple is a fun block but takes time for sure. I have made a few with the smaller ruler too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The small ruler ? Fantastic, that is on my list for someday!!

      Delete
  8. That's one block I've never made but I do like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot like that too, the double wedding ring is one.

      Delete
  9. Hi Deb, what a find! I've never made a pineapple block. It's so intimidating and I'm accuracy challenged 😆 Thanks for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ruler is the only thing that got me thru it .It was fun.

      Delete
  10. wonderful scrappy blocks and future quilt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I really like the look of the pineapple.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thanks, I can't wait to get it all done so I can put is on the bed!

      Delete
  12. What a great idea to make a wedding quilt and then stash/make extra blocks for future progeny. Your daughter will be thrilled. The perfect welcome for a new life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really fun to make the matching baby quilts.

      Delete
  13. Such a beautiful bunch of pineapples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , and the blocks were fun to make with the ruler.

      Delete
  14. Beautiful blocks! I've never tried pineapple block, and your are very pretty. It's going to be a wonderful quilt!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, thank you for the linky!

      Delete