Monday, January 15, 2024

Keep on Stitching

 

The new year is well underway and I am getting lots

of stitching done this year!! We'd better use up all 

our new year style jokes while the year is young!

I'm also busy planning my stitching year ( loosely). 

All these square bits will be going together. 



This big stack of log cabins will make up 

two twin quilts and a crib sized quilt. 



The cute little stars ( 6 1/2" unfinished) will make 

great sparkle in some small quilts bordered with 

crumb strips from the block bank. 


Larger crumb blocks will also get small crumb borders. 

They may be too busy together so some solids or solid-look

fabric will be added to the mix . They are going together

in a nine patch pattern. 


These waffle blocks will have some fellows made and 

get finished up.  A basket by the sewing machine is 

full of little ends to make the pieced portions. This is a 

bit of an ongoing project.



The RSC 2024 is also in the mix.

There are three blocks in the mix with 

last year's finishing to do too. 

Here is the first RSC block of the year!


zipper block and a snow flake block will 

make great scrapbusters!

Linking up with a varity of bloggers really keeps me 

in touch and is a great inspriation for me. Try to 

visit them when you see a linking up with note, 

it is rewarding for them and fun for you!

Here is my record for stitching this year. 

1 
15 minujte days/week = 7/7 days
15 minute days/Jan = 13/15 days
15 minute days /20224  = 13/15
Sucess rate = 87%

I'm just going to report with a current total as I always miss the

 posting day. It is a reirement thing, sometimes 

the day of the week is just incidental.
 
Our tasks are what keep us on track. 

Here's looking forward to a wonderful stitching year!

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :

















23 comments:

  1. I am new to this blog but am very much looking forward to perusing its contents and checking out these wonderful pieces! Cheers, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I do love the linky parties too. So many ideas!

      Delete
  2. Looks like 2024 is going to be the year of scrap quilts for you. Good luck with all your projects this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a lot of fun projects to keep you engaged this year. I wish you a lot of joy as you work on your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , it will fun to make progress on them!

      Delete
  4. What a great batch of project to start off your year, Deb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great batch of scrap blocks to start the new year off with! You'll have some quilts done in no time I'm sure. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/17/wednesday-wait-loss-363

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , I have to stop doing squirrels and I might get some Ufos completed !

      Delete
  6. you have a lot of projects going - so scrappy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I need to get some ufo somewhere in this mix but the squirrels are very strong this year!

      Delete
  7. Love all the scrappiness going on here! I like to see what others are doing with their RSC work. I started so many the first year I tired it and now I hope I can get at least one of them finished for this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep finding ones that work and abandoning the ones that don't . I am trying to use up all the pieces tho!

      Delete
  8. Wow! You've really been busy and productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's see if I can keep it up! I am getting some down town . We are off to the warm for a bit!

      Delete
  9. So many future half done quilts. Very impressive what can be made from scraps. I'm rather partial to your star blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know , the half dones will get swept up into my occasional pinning layering frenzy!

      Delete
  10. Goodness me, that's a whole lot of projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. It seems to comfort my little moth brain to flit from one to another!! I think I have started 3 new projects this year! They are all squares and strips tho so nothing real artistic or super challenging.

      Delete
  11. 2024 is going to be a very productive year! It's fun to have so many blocks ready to be assembled, that's a lot of possibilities! Making 9-patches with crumb squares is a great idea, I love it!
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I love linky parties and there are always so many ideas!

      Delete
  12. So many nice blocks! Every time I visit you make me wish I did more scrap quilting. For some reason I have not been able to log in to google to leave a comment on your site with Firefox or Edge. So, I downloaded Chrome and it worked. Shame on google for doing that. Thank you for linking up to put your foot down.

    ReplyDelete