Sunday, June 4, 2023

Collections!

 Wow, it has been a while since I had a OMG 

and even longer since I finished one!

This month I am finishing up ( or attempting)

my RSC queen sized stars!! 


Here they were just getting their borders sorted. 

Look how tidy they come from the quilter!


Unlike how they look after I open them 

like a five year old on Christmas morning!



 I did miss the drop off

date prior to holiday so that put me a month behind. 

Now they are waiting patiently for their scrappy 

binding. I can't wait to add one to my cozy 12 

quilts.  My plan is to have a quilt a month for 

my bed.  I think that is a great number for a 

personal collection of full sized quilts for my bed. 

Did you notice all those qualifiers I put in there? 

I do have other "collections" too, perfectly acceptable I think. 

There are the "Oh that looks great on that couch" collection, 

and the wow "that short railing looks great with a seasonal quilt"

collection and of course the "blanket box wall hanging, 

table runner" collection. The Smithsonian does it so I 

think I should too. 

Happy collecting!

Stay safe and sew on! 

Linking up with :

RSC 2023

OMG Peacock Party

Design Wall Monday

Sew and Tell

Wednesday Wait Loss

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop!

Finished or Not Friday

Design Wall Friday

RSC 2023


15 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your collection of RSC star quilts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be fun to do, the binding decision may take a while, so much fabric!

      Delete
  2. I really love that pattern for your RSC star quilt! What a great idea to have a quilt a month for your bed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very long term goal but still a really fun one! Thank you !

      Delete
  3. Collections of quilts are important. 🙂 Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are lots of great scraps in these blocks and quilts. Great plan for a quilt a month for your bed, how fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the scraps make them so interesting! I always find something new when I look at a scrap quilt!

      Delete
  5. I really love a good scrappy quilt, and those sure fit the bill. It will look wonderful on your bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made some for the kids for Christmas last year, now I get one too! Quilts are fun!

      Delete
  6. I love your categories. Like you, I have several too. ;) Thanks for joining Sew & Tell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome. Thank you for helping all of us quilters connect!

      Delete
  7. The little bit I can see of them, I just want to see more! Can't wait for the big reveal of your RSC Stars. How pretty one will look on your bed. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/06/07/wednesday-wait-loss-331

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ! I just have to get the binding made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many quilts, how exciting to have a different bed quilt each month.

    ReplyDelete