Tuesday, April 11, 2023

What a late start!!

 What a late start for the year, but I finally have a finish!!!


This little pink log cabin will be half of a pair to a new

family.  The new addition is due in three weeks so the 

matching multicolored quilt will go under the needle for

quilting later this week . 



I made the top during a pink rampage of log cabins

earlier in the year. 



 The wonky design is so much fun 

and quick that I have made it my go to for RSC and 

taming at least some of my scrap hoard. Yep I used the 

H word.  Even if it is organized I think it should still 

qualify as a hoard.  My definition of hoard refers to 

treasures so call me a dragon and envy my hoard!!




Some gifted bits of minky were used to soften this 

little darling and I left out the batting to make it even more squishy. 

A pillowcase flip and a little faux binding

stitching and it was complete in an afternoon. 



 The first finish of the year and we are

already into April, yikes!!

Must make sure to add some labels!

Let's celebrate some finishes and stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with:

RSC 2023

Wait Loss Wednesday 

Design Wall Monday

To Do Tuesday

Midweek Makers

Monday Sew and Tell

Monday Musings



8 comments:

  1. Luv your pink quilt,it's always a wonder felling when we put in that last stich

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a finish, and so soft with the minky for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for a happy finish!! and so sweet that it will be gifted!!!! LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the finish! Oh so pretty! I know you may be feeling behind on finishes but I've watched you long enough to know many more finishes are in your near future. And I can't wait to see them, they are always so pretty! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish Deb, always a nice feeling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely finish Deb. It's sure to be a welcome, cuddly gift! Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope your week was filled with plenty of sewing time and you managed to use upp some more of your hoard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super result from your pink rampage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those colorful centers scattered around.

    ReplyDelete