Saturday, April 29, 2023

Purple Progress!

 Purple is moving right along . The scrap drawer and bag 

are sorted and cut into strips and squares, so the purple 

hoard is under control. It was much smaller

in volume than the other colors so the trimming

took just one evening.

Just strips left here 

and the shelf stash is organized and stable.


 A few garlic knots later, and

RSC is done for the month! 


Finally got the large log cabin 

pinned and ready to quilt, 


but guess who arrived early!! 

A beautiful bouncing baby girl! 

 The quilt will get stitched up this 

week and my DD will deliver the family set 

next week.  Hopefully, I work well under pressure!!


Stitched up an impressive pile of purple for

the log cabin and with a strong dose of sewjo,

a purple, twin sized log cabin is born!


 Now back to quilting that

log cabin and making backs for all those battings

prepared last week!  

Busy, busy not time to rest , 

a jam packed schedule is the best !

Stay safe and sew on !


Linking up with:

RSC 2023

Oh Scrap!

Design Wall Monday

To Do Tuesday

Monday Sew & Tell

Wednesday Wait Loss

Midweek Makers

Put Your Foot Down






15 comments:

  1. Great job in processing your purples. Sometimes I find I do better with a deadline -- I hope it works for you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, even self imposed deadlines work for me sometimes!

      Delete
  2. It must feel great to have an empty scrap bag! Your purple log cabin looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does and one small stack and a nearly empty drawer. I only have a drawer of orange scraps so I should be flying thru May!

      Delete
  3. Love that purple log cabin quilt. Looks like you have purple completely under control. I don't have as much purple as some other colors either. Same with the orange for this month - just not as much to choose from. I probably should revisit pink and green every other month because those are the drawers always overflowing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, not much orange . I will revisit either green or blue since they are overflowing. Is batik considered a color? I have 2 bags of those bits!

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's the way to use up the scraps. Congratulations on a new baby girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The log cabins do burn thru scraps nicely but I always find more! They must multiply at night !

      Delete
  5. congrats on the new baby and awesome that your purple is under control! much easier to use when all sorted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so is! I always put off cutting scraps up and sorting, thinking that I will use it more if it is in its natural state. It really makes me see how many scraps I have! Gotta get sewing!!

      Delete
  6. I love your purple log cabin quilt. One of my favorite colors. Good luck on all of your projects this week. You have been making great progress. Congrats on the new baby too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got them done and labelled , woot woot!

      Delete
  7. Wow you sure tamed that scrap drawer! Love the purple blocks and that log cabin. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your welcome and thank you for your show and tell. It really has me connected to a whole world of crafters , quilters and great people!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Deb you did accomplish a lot again! I love seeing all of your different projects moving along. Thank you for lining with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete