Monday, July 25, 2022

Hi ho, Hi ho!

 Lots of work going on here lately, 

not feeling like a sweat shop,

but that OCD, "get it done" vibe is definitely in the room!

I am making a lots of progress on the my 

string collection. 

I have a big pile of star blocks. 



There are enough for Kid's String #3 and a good start on #4. 
The beige/white inner border is still chewing up 
a lot of light scraps.  I pinned up the work in progress
and there are still 4 shorter borders to start.


The remaining 6 long inner borders are started 
but need to be finished up. 


This #2 Kid's Strings, will get a crumb border since
there are still some remaining in the block bank. 
#3 & #4 will get a different type of outer border. 
These two borders are in the running. 
I would like to use squares I have on hand. 


Lots of work to do and fun to have. 
I even tried my hand at English paper piecing. 
A great year end BBQ and wonderful 
instruction lead to a finished bit bowl. 
I enjoyed the process but I don't think I 
am a convert to the movement!











5 comments:

  1. Your strings and crumbs are all looking so satisfying!!! Great use of bits and bobs! Fun bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. making great progress on your its and bits! kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little bit bowl is so cute! Love it. You've made such progress on your strings that you'll have several quilts done soon I just know it! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those string stars. I'm off to experiment with them...

    ReplyDelete