Monday, May 9, 2022

Filling up the Vault!

 The raid on the block bank was very successful. 

There are now seven more tops to go into the vault!

My storage closet of tops to quilt is getting quite crowded!

Five are children's tops (40" x 40") from wonky stars 

and 2 1/2" squares. 

The blue, red and pink ones have already 

been displayed but the yellow and orange 

are a worth a look!  





The colors are not quite as bright in the photos. 







One is made of the last of the pinks from 

April that were swirling around my sewing table. 

It is a very organic top, with the alternating columns

made from found strips from the scrap bag. 



The last is a 50" x 70" top made from my stock 

of 5 x 5 blocks. 

 It may end up with an inner frame 

and larger outer border of larger squares. It would 

also work being quilted up and 

bound with a saucy black binding. 


Next up on the schedule is pulling prints for backs. 
Then it  will be on to work on green blocks for the 
triangle rainbow quilt, 


and starting the 
borders for the big string stars quilts. 
The rainbow hourglass needs a round
of green also! 
Lots of sewing fun ahead for me!
Stay safe and sew on!

Linking up with :












17 comments:

  1. Wow! You're getting so many done! What's the latest count on the tops? I would love to take a whole week this summer and do something like this! A "sew down my stash" week....hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a great job of using up your scraps and odd blocks. I haven't done any odd block sewing for ages. Maybe I'll be inspired by you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of like a bee in your bonnet, something just came over me and I started sewing blocks together!!

      Delete
  3. Love how you made wonky star quilts by collor, Deb. Great use of scraps, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! The wonky stars were a squirrel project, they are almost addictive to make. When I realized my spare sewing of squares would match up to the wonky stars if an additional row was added, tops were born!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you ! They turned out surprisingly adorable!

      Delete
  5. That's a whole lot of awesome scrappiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, now I just have to get them quilted!

      Delete
  6. Your scrap-ability is amazing. Love the oranges and the red one is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a never ending supply of scraps!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, you have been SEW productive, Deb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiring! I need to get back to sewing quilt parts again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly makes the top making faster, now to quilt them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, great scrap ideas! A saucy black binding will be perfect on the red quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, scrappy tops! What I like most I think is the sheer variety of ideas you present for using up scraps. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete