Monday, November 1, 2021

Get those quilted!

 Well, I really need to get some tops quilted! 

The extra motivation that

may help get me there is 

coming from OMG (One Monthly Goal) a

Elm Creek Quilts.

I am going to make my November goal to pin 

and quilt at least 2 tops!

Combined with cleaning up my scrap disaster,

 this goal should keep me busy as 

we chug into the holiday season! 

These are the two beauties

I am going to work on!


This one is a Stretched Star 

( look at the white corners and you will see it).

It measures 82 x 84 . 


 This one is Berries and Cream. 

It measures 82 x 91.

They are both hanging in my flimsy vault 

right now. It is getting impressive in size!



Here is the scrap disaster

I need to tame. Argh , no judgement please!

Full disclosure , there are also a number 

of TUBS that are filed with scraps but..

baby steps!!


A stern conversation with myself 

has resulted in the sizes to cut:

Strips- 1 1/2", 2 1/2" and 31/2 " min 12" long

Any 1 1/2" strips shorter than 12" go to crumbs or toss.

The wider strips shorter than 12" go to

 Bricks - 2" x 3 1/2", 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"-6 1/2", 3 1/2" x 6 1/2"

Squares- 2", 2 1/2", 3 1/2", 5", 10"

Strings - anything more than 12" & less than 1 1/2" wide 

I will attempt to keep 

a smallish container of crumbs too!



Wish me luck !

Stay safe and sew on !

Linking up with :

Wednesday Wait Loss

Can I get a Whoop Whoop!

Off the wall Friday!

6 comments:

  1. You'll receive no judgement from me, Deb!! I've got at least as many scraps in my studio. Maybe more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made myself a cutting cheat sheet! I hope it helps!

      Delete
  2. "The flimsy vault"-- I love it! There are a lot of treasures waiting there. Good luck with the cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No judgment here either! I'm tackling a huge pile of strings this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scrappy Stretched Star. I made a Fall wall hanging with this pattern. One of my favorites. And thanks for your cutting plan. I have a large bin that I need to get to. And I also have a "flimsy vault" (an armoire). I don't have as many flimsies but I keep adding every month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! At least you are organizing your scraps and have a plan on how to use them. I say that's good progress! Good luck with your OMG. I think quilting those two quilts is very achievable! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete